Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 2008 postings
 BRO/BRU query

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pix1 Posted - 10 October 2008 : 10:47:12
If the OR is considering giving someone a BRO/BRU is that BR called in to the office to be asked questions and give some kind of a statement? Or does the OR simply decide what he is going to do from the information already submitted on the original forms and the telephone interview with the examiner? If you look through the bR restrictions search on the insolvency sefvice website it reads as though people give explanations for various spending and debts which the OR does not accept then applies a BRO/BRU.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Needafriend Posted - 12 October 2008 : 14:45:17
Thanks Julian

I will just sometimes you read others worries and then quesiton yourself. If you know what i mean.

Please read my question about tax credits.

Thanks

Jo x
Your Mother Hen :-)

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
JulianDonnelly Posted - 12 October 2008 : 14:11:14
Hi Jo,

I very much doubt that your behaviour would warant a BRU/BRO. At this stage, no news is definitely good news.

I would suggest trying to put it out of your mind for now and focus on your new debt-free life!

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Needafriend Posted - 11 October 2008 : 17:38:33
Hi Julian

Thanks for that. Like i sai dwe went BR nearly 10 weeks ago and as of yet have not heard anything which i would say is a good thing.

Although im not too worried if they do give us one i would rather know sooner rather than later, if you get what i mean.

Do they try and tell you within a certain time scale. We have cooperated with the OR, sent off all docs and every bit of paperwork that i have kept over the last 3 years.

We even gave them info on our credit file with the dates and amounts of when we paid lots of in 2006 with our remortgage.

My last bit of credit was on Next catalogue in Feb total added about 150 bringing bal to 1200 and also about the same 150 on littlewoods bringing bal to 700 at the sametime which was kids clothing and christmas gifts, do you think that would warrant one.

The last time we used a CC was 2006 dec and any new loan was remortgage 2006 June and last loan applied for July 2005.

Other than car finance in Nov 2006.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Jo x

Please visit my blog for info on how I got here and other information to guide you through from my experience called:

"Mother Hen's New Debt Free Life with Links and added info on Bankruptcy!" available to view at:

JulianDonnelly Posted - 11 October 2008 : 17:25:40
Hi Jo,

Effectively, they have until your discharge to arrange a BRO/BRU. However, I would suggest you would find out fairly quickly if that was on the agenda.

As long as you're seen to cooperate with the OR, they can't suspend your discharge. Just relax and let them get on with it .... you'll be discharged before you know it (my 7 months seemed to go in the blink of an eye!).

Julian Donnelly
Needafriend Posted - 10 October 2008 : 13:54:32
Ah right Julian

Thats ok as i thought they would just do the paperwork and wee would just be told that they had given us one.

How long in BR have they got to apply for one. Is there a limit on how long before its too late. I know that they can put a hold on discharge if they are looking into it.

Do they try and get a BRU in place quite quickly, we have been BR now about 10 weeks and wondered if we may get one what the timescale may be to hearing if one is likely in our case.

Thanks again and sorry for the thick question.:-)

Jo x

JulianDonnelly Posted - 10 October 2008 : 13:50:26
Hi Jo,

You will be given the opportunity to agree to a BRU first before the OR can go to court for a BRO.

Julian Donnelly
Needafriend Posted - 10 October 2008 : 12:18:44
So Julian

If the OR had intentions of putting us under one they have to write to us first, they cant just go for one and then all we find out is a letter after its been applied for and what is written on the insolvency register.
Is that right?

Jo x

JulianDonnelly Posted - 10 October 2008 : 12:16:44
Hi Pix1,

A BRU is an agreement with the BR and the OR, and a BRO is when the OR goes to court if you refuse to agree to a BRU. Therefore, you'll know well in advance if the OR is looking at either.

Julian Donnelly

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page