•Bankruptcy Information Center
•What is Bankruptcy?
•Is Bankruptcy right for me?

•How to declare Bankruptcy?
•What happens to my assets?
•Bankruptcy and credit rating


•Bankruptcy News

Media Room:
•Press releases
•Media Coverage

•About BankruptcyHelp
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

 All Forums
 2008 postings
 Early discharge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* Forum Code is ON
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]


T O P I C    R E V I E W
cat Posted - 02 December 2008 : 19:18:50
Today i received a copy of my early discharge notice. What does this actually mean for me? Do i no longer have to tell people im bankrupt? Can i apply for credit? Not that i'd want to!!! Just not sure what this means.
Thanks everyone x
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JulianDonnelly Posted - 04 December 2008 : 14:11:02
Hi Skippy,

Great advice as always!

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Skippy Posted - 03 December 2008 : 13:25:44
Your address will be on your credit file, along with any other addresses for the last 6 years.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
maizie Posted - 03 December 2008 : 12:02:12
Thanks 369.

I don't mind giving my address to experian, its just my creditors. Put it this way, the less people who know the better! It would be on my experian file anyway surely?

369 Posted - 03 December 2008 : 11:45:40
Hello Maizie,

I would just say to the creditors that you cannot give them your address. But give them your name and date of birth and then the details of the account you held with them. They should be able to determine which account is yours just from those details. Just dont put your address on the letter you send to them, maybe put an email address and see if they can write to that instead to let you know when they have updated your file.

Not sure how you would get a Credit Report though, from Experian/Equifax if you didn't provide your address history. You can do it online...if you didnt mind putting your address. Otherwise you have to send proof of your address to get the credit report sent to you.

Hope that helps a little!

maizie Posted - 03 December 2008 : 11:14:49
Hi 369

What would happen with me when I get discharged because my address was withheld by the court so doesn't show on the insolvency register, only my name and date of birth. How would I write to creditors asking them to amend my details as I can't give them my address?

369 Posted - 03 December 2008 : 11:09:48
Hello Cat,

I have recently been discharged as well....feels great! Basically that is it now, if you havent been given an IPA then you can't now!
I made a list of all of my creditors and wrote to all of them enclosing my evidence of my discharge (you can print off your page from the insolvency register)and saying can they update my file to show that i am now discharged and that the payment is either partiially settled or satisfied and make sure the default date is no later than your bankruptcy date.

Then in about 2-3 months when you have heard back from creditors, get your credit report from Experian or Equifax and see if all of the records they hold about you have been updated.

There is also a prepard gold card, which is on Needafriends blog, which is good if you want to improve your credit rating - as it has a function on there called credit builder. You only have to do it for 3-12 months and it will increase your credit rating alot! But it does cost £4.95 a month - but that is it.

hope that helps!

Trolly-Dolly Posted - 02 December 2008 : 23:00:23
Hi Cat,
I've heard that in order to repair it you need credit!
First: Start with skippys blog and learn how to clean up your file so that it is up-to-date.
second: You may need to take out a CC (Capital One have one for post BRs). The APR will be through the roof but the aim is to have a small limit, use it each month and pay it IN FULL each month. Dangerous ground. Dont think its for me as I am a bug*er for paying the minimum. But if you think you can do it then go for it. I will have to try because at some point I want a new car and will have to remortgage.

You can read my blog here;

movin on Posted - 02 December 2008 : 22:47:07

Just wanted to say a big WELL DONE to you...Wow, what does it feel like to be totally free



Onwards and Upwards is the way im going :-0)

cat Posted - 02 December 2008 : 21:36:40
Thanks everyone! So does this mean im free then? How do i start to repair my credit rating?
Needafriend Posted - 02 December 2008 : 20:25:27
Hi Cat

Congratulations from me too.


For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Trolly-Dolly Posted - 02 December 2008 : 20:01:29
Wow! Thats like four months!
This seems to be very common practice now doesnt it?
If you are now discharged then thats it, over! No need to mention it and time to start repairing your credit file.
I'd love an ED, just to get my life back, but that wont happen; with my small BR amount (£12,339) I've been pushed to the bottom of the pile and forgotten about,so I wont be discharged without the interview/investigation.
Congratulations, its officially over now!

You can read my blog here;

cat Posted - 02 December 2008 : 19:48:35
12th June 08' so very early i think? Discharged 30th oct
harbourmaster Posted - 02 December 2008 : 19:42:16
Can't answer any of your questions cat but just wanted to say congrats for ED.
How long is it since you were BR?

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06