Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for may
 Question about overtime pay

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
WINCHESTER78 Posted - 26 May 2008 : 12:11:06
My Question is about my pay.My Basic Pay is £880 but most months I do overtime (which I'SNT Guaranted ) so in the last 3 months the pay has been so varied from £1050 , £1330 , £1130.Do average the amounts out which seems to be commonsense?The Bug is at the end of September and January my take home pay is the basic £880.But also there is talk of taking away overtime?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
debtreliefohio Posted - 18 June 2010 : 07:46:02
Hey if if your company has agreed upon paying for overtime while you joined, then you can always approach a lawyer to ask to get your overtime from your company.

But if your company doesn't have such policy in it, then what you can do is such don't do overtime work

For more help visit dayton ohio bankruptcy attorney

Get all the useful information about ohio bankruptcy laws and know abt the exemptions on debtreliefohio.org
JulianDonnelly Posted - 29 May 2008 : 13:37:10
Hi Winchester78,

You'll find the OR reasonably flexible and in the case or IPO/IPA's, the payments can go down as well as up depending on your circumstances.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
WINCHESTER78 Posted - 29 May 2008 : 13:20:39
Hi Julian thanks for your wise words again..Is the OR open for an agreement or are things set hard and fast.For example could an IPA/IPO be based on my basic pay for say 6 months then after a review I pay in a lump sum 50 - 70%of overtime pay received in that same period?
JulianDonnelly Posted - 29 May 2008 : 10:35:06
Hi Winchester78,

I would recommend making the OR aware during your interview of the nature and variation of overtime etc.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
melanie_giles Posted - 26 May 2008 : 20:58:55
Possibly - it depends on how much overtime there is available for you to work, and what share of that you would be allowed to retain under the IPA or IPO (assuming that you get one that is).

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
WINCHESTER78 Posted - 26 May 2008 : 19:27:40
Thanks all for your help..If they took an average what happens the months I only get my basic pay will I still be expected to pay when my disposable income would be set at an artificial high?
Wouldnt it be better if I gave up overtime and just got my basic pay?
melanie_giles Posted - 26 May 2008 : 16:26:04
It is most likely that the OR will base your earnings figure on the last three months actual earnings, and then take an average.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
m and v Posted - 26 May 2008 : 14:41:29
Hi there - my OR asked for the last three pay slips and averaged my income over these three months for my SOA.
However if you think this will inflate it I would put a realistic average and talk to the OR about it at your interview.
It needs to be realistic all you will struggle. The OR will want to know of any increase in pay so you can let them know if it goes up.

Vicki x
WINCHESTER78 Posted - 26 May 2008 : 12:55:22
Im filing for BR next Monday and dont know what to write for pay on my SAO.Also at a later stage will the OR assess my ability to pay an IVO on overtime included wages
melanie_giles Posted - 26 May 2008 : 12:44:13
Does your query relate to pre-bankruptcy or post? ie are you already bankrupt and concerned about whether an IPA or IPA will be effected?

Viki.W Posted - 26 May 2008 : 12:37:41
Hey winchester78, welcome to the forum. An expert will be along shortly to advise you. You are a great place for advice and support so hang on in there. Viki X

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page