Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 renting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bluejoyce Posted - 06 December 2009 : 19:30:45
Hi does my landlord have to be informed when i am BR i have always payed my rent and will continue to do so after my br i have never been in arears.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Richard P Posted - 07 December 2009 : 17:10:59
as an ex landlord

i would support all of my tenants if they informed me of any problems.

landlords are keen to find good honest people that pay rent on time. If you are approaching BR and you tell the landlord they may be reassured that they will have you as a tenant for the next year !

The only negative from the landlords perspective is after you have left the premises the property would be on a debtor list, so they would have to get a letter of dissassociation to release the property from the list

the landlord tenant respect thing should be mutual, i have delayed BR whilst waiting for all of my tenants to find alternate accomodation

again it is your call blue joyce better for you to say rather than a letter out of the blue from OR

Good luck Richard
Whatamess Posted - 07 December 2009 : 09:08:37
Hi,
I was very much the same, was told they had to write to landlord so I wrote to him first explaining briefly my situation, that the OR was happy for me to continue my rent and that my direct debit for rent would continue. My landlord has been quite happy with this. As long as they see they will still get paid I dont think its too much of a concern for them but yes, honesty and upfront has to be the best.
Good luck
Matt
theguvnor Posted - 06 December 2009 : 20:26:40
hiya,

My landlady recieved a letter from OR but i wrote to her and explained my situation. she called me as she didnt understand about BR so i explained that it didnt effect her in any way.

She said that if i hadnt told her b4 she had recd the letter we would have had our notice so in my case honesty was best bet.

you should check your tenancy for Bankruptcy clause

im sure u will be ok

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page