Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 How are you coping ?
 Have you any coping strategies to share ?
 Been to court, thankfully that bits over

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
emm Posted - 12 February 2011 : 15:28:33
Yesterday I went to court and with the invaluable help of Richard from Reviva was declared Bankrupt. Can't describe the relief I feel that bits over. I know I still have the interview with the OR but I am confident that that will be ok. Richard and the rest of the team at Reviva have been scrupulous in getting my paperwork in order which will obviously minimise any hurdles yet to come.
Court was just a formality, Richard tried his best to reassure me and keep me from getting stressed, but it really was just a formality and nothing to get stressed about.
When I woke up this morning for the first time in ages I felt that I could look forward to a future not burdened by debt.
Can't thank Richard and Reviva enough and so glad I stumbled across this website, if I hadn't I would still be fumbling around trying to decide if and when I should take the plunge into bankruptcy.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Skippy Posted - 01 March 2011 : 20:36:41
I'm glad it went well x

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Niobe Posted - 01 March 2011 : 19:28:34
Glad the interview went well emm.

Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cos Kansas is going bye bye.

Jan
xx
Richard P Posted - 01 March 2011 : 19:15:30
HI Emm

Glad interview went well, see the OR isnt horrible.

as you say time for breathing space and plan for future.

love and regards to family !

Richard
emm Posted - 01 March 2011 : 19:04:13
Good old Peugeot, very reliable and has rarely let me down. Amazingly mine just passed its mot last week also! Apparantly you only need either the drivers wing mirror or the passenger side wing mirror or the interior mirror, you don't need all three. Now its worth me getting it fixed up a bit, gives me a breathing space for a while.
moodybluetwo Posted - 01 March 2011 : 17:21:03
No ...but it passed its MOT today!
emm Posted - 01 March 2011 : 16:23:03
ah, but has yours got a broken wing mirror, a dodgy passenger door and a dented wing! oh plus an oil leak!
moodybluetwo Posted - 01 March 2011 : 08:12:08
Glad it went well for you emm.....and just like me you get to keep a ten year old Peugeot!!
Crazee67 Posted - 28 February 2011 : 23:39:22
Blumin smashin news Emm. It sounds as though that the best thing is to make sure you are well organised, dont panic and tell the truth.

Im really pleased it went ok for you
glafy Posted - 28 February 2011 : 16:23:34
Glad it is over and done with emm, such a relief for you.

Now take some time out and look after yourself.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Viki.W Posted - 28 February 2011 : 13:11:51
Sounds like a great interview Emm, really pleased for you.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
emm Posted - 28 February 2011 : 12:45:13
This morning I had my interview with the OR.
It lasted about 30 mins. He asked me to clarify my reasons for BR and then went through the details of some of the creditors, ie start date, what it was for etc.
He told me I could keep my 10year old peugeot and that my occupational pension would be excempt also.
He asked me when I had last used my credit card and also a catalogue, and what I had used my overdraft for ( I honestly couldn't answer that one because I have had it for years, no idea what it was originally used for!)
He said that they would be claiming my income tax until the end of the
tax year, which will only be about 1 mth.
He didn't ask me to exlain anything from my expenditure.
At the end of the interview he said he would do some calculations and ring me back.
He rang back within 10 mins and told me that there would be no IPA.
He acually said that he had increased some of the expenditure!
All very painless, glad its over though, feel such a sense of relief.
Best wishes to all those yet to go through it, it's not nearly as bad as you think.
EMM
emm Posted - 27 February 2011 : 15:55:02
Tomorrow I have my telephone interview with OR.
Quite apprehensive about it but on the other hand also fairly confident that it will be ok.
Such a roller coaster of emotions these last few months, dread, anger, embarrasement, fear, panic, confusion, relief, gratitude.
Can't begin to explain how helpful this site has been to me, not least for putting me in touch with Richard P. and Reviva. Couln't have got this far without their help.
Come midday tomorrow I will truly be able to say the worst is over, then its just a case of looking forward to a future not burdened with debt.
I will be sure to let you all know how it goes tomorrow, so hopefully it may be of some help to others yet to go through it.
Emm
Crazee67 Posted - 16 February 2011 : 18:25:26
Good luck for the 28th Emm. I think the advice on here re the interviews is fantastic isnt it. I will be keeping everything crossed it goes ok and please please let us know how it went.

glafy Posted - 16 February 2011 : 17:31:04
All the best for the OR interview Emm. Let us know how you go on. People's experiences are often invaluable. It's always reassuring for new posters to have an insight as to what may happen. I remember the feeling so well.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Niobe Posted - 16 February 2011 : 17:00:34
Fingers crossed that it goes ok.

Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cos Kansas is going bye bye.

Jan
xx

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page