Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 Chat : bankruptcy support and keeping in touch
 br buddies
 Life is good.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
glafy Posted - 13 August 2011 : 14:16:04
Just thought I would do a quick update & a "Hello" to all.

Now into month 9 of BR and things have continued quietly. Financially we are still reliant on Family & a few VERY close friends but all is good.

The better news is that I have just had my final ("YIPPPEEE") Chemo' treatment & I now await my Radio' dates,,,bring 'em on I say!

It certainly has been a tough ride but by gum it takes ya mind off BR. LOL.

The better, better news is that my parents have just surprised us with a trip to America to visit & stay with my sister for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!
How amazing is that. It really cheered me up & has given me something to look forward to.

I do hope the OR can't claim my seats!!!!

Hope everyone is ok out there.

Keep smiling.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 18 August 2011 : 12:34:44
You do need help if you are watching him!!!

I love Ebay - use it all the time, especially for selling my old clothes that no longer fit me!

If it wasn't for the fact that we already have four dogs in the household then I'd offer as well!

Follow through
Make your dreams come true
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright
'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

Jan
xxx
Skippy Posted - 18 August 2011 : 12:11:18
Thanks glafy! I'll let you off checking the forum though as I certainly won't be when we're there!

If I was closer I'd love to look after Mabel! I worry about leaving Harry - I know people will think 'he's only a cat' but he follows us around like a dog and waits for us to come home! My friend has offered to go in and look after him as her wedding present to us and I know she loves cats so I'll be happy with that. Even if we could afford cattery fees I doubt there's one good enough for him!

I've always bought things on Ebay but I'm learning to love it now as I've bought loads of bits for the wedding! I've already bought the invitations, place cards, favour boxes and decorations (although obviously not the fillings!) and I'm also watching a couple of bridesmaid's dresses!

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
glafy Posted - 18 August 2011 : 11:28:08
I will compile a list for you Tracey while I am there and of course I shall log on and check on the forum.......!!!!!

I haven't mentioned any of this yet to Mabel (LOL) as I am sure she would not appreciate the thought of kennels! She would probably think that she had been abandoned all over again & I couldn't bear that.
I am hoping that our other family members will look after her while we are away as we can't afford kennel fees anyway. I have started thinking about bribery already. Joking aside, I do know that they will have her for us and she will love all the attention.

So many things to think about, I'm already looking on ebay for stuff to wear. I think I've become an addict to lurking on the site.

No idea what has happened to my life while I've been going through treatment. I even had Jeremy Vile on this morning!! Oh Gowd I need therapy.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Skippy Posted - 15 August 2011 : 10:10:01
That's brilliant news about your treatment and your holiday Julie!

I'll be wanting recommendations of places to go in Florida as we're planning on going there for a belated honeymoon in 2013!

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Niobe Posted - 15 August 2011 : 09:53:30
How fab! I love Florida - it's been a while since I was last there though and it will be a while till I get back as well!!

Follow through
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright

Jan
xxx
glafy Posted - 15 August 2011 : 09:35:02
Thanks for alll your Good Wishes Folks.

I do feel guilty going away but I also know how lucky I am to have such amazing parents & how fortunate it is to have a sister who lives abroad.
I am trying to put the guilt of going to the back of my mind at the mo'& focus on the benefits to my health of the vacation .

Jan, My sister lives in Florida, I am so looking forward to seeing her & spending time there with her. We went 7 years ago when she got married so it will be great to go back. Luckily she knows our financial situation & wants to look after us. I think I can let her do that!!!!!

Niobe Posted - 13 August 2011 : 15:24:12
Glad your treatment is going ok and what a fab Christmas you are going to have!

Something to look forward to and totally enjoy! Whereabouts in the states will you be going?

Follow through
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright

Jan
xxx
fattypatty Posted - 13 August 2011 : 15:03:19
what great news for you x
have a brilliant holiday you def deserve some chill out time x
Viki.W Posted - 13 August 2011 : 14:39:07
Glafy, what fab news about your treatment and your hols. I'm so happy for you.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Richard P Posted - 13 August 2011 : 14:36:56
Hey glafy

lots of great news

Thinking of you

stay positive

Good Luck Richard,

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page