Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 We declared bankruptcy November 2010. When will it drop off our credit reports ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mrsdp2009 Posted - 04 October 2016 : 16:16:36
Hi everyone,just looking for advice myself and my husband declared ourselves bankrupt in nov 2010 and we are now approching 6 years after our bankruptcy ,can anyone tell me when it will drop off our credit reports as we would like to plan for the future (mortgage) and after googling i cant get an exact answer so any help would be appreciated Thanks Donna
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lisa Thomas Posted - 15 November 2016 : 11:30:05
Great news well done.

Contact me on 01752 786800 or Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
mrsdp2009 Posted - 10 November 2016 : 11:51:28
Thank you :)
Niobe Posted - 10 November 2016 : 10:39:23
Brilliant news - really pleased for you. Good luck for the future.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

mrsdp2009 Posted - 10 November 2016 : 10:01:16
Hi everyone just to let you all know that the day came yesterday when our BR's disappeared forever,i cant believe after six years its finally over for good.Thank you to everyone on this forum that has offered me advice over the past six years. I am eternally grateful to you all,and good luck to anyone who's going through what we have ...nothings ever as bad as it seems and there is light at the end of the tunnel trust me i lived it and came out the other side a happier and stronger person :) xxx Donna
Lisa Thomas Posted - 10 October 2016 : 09:09:29
That's nice to hear - sometimes Bankruptcy is absolutely the right option to give you a clean slate and get you back on track financially.

Niobe Posted - 07 October 2016 : 07:25:16
Excellent post mrsdp2009 - hopefully others looking in will take inspiration from it. Keep in touch.x

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

mrsdp2009 Posted - 06 October 2016 : 20:48:40
Thank you we are so chuffed,i remember finding this forum nearly 6 years ago and being so desperate and really struggling to cope.Our lives were an utter mess and if it wasn't for the support we received on here i can honestly say i don't know where we'd be now it was such a bad time.At the beginning of our BR i never thought in a million years we'd actually cope and not long ago i looked at my old posts on here under my old user name and it was awful and so sad reading back and seeing how utterly desperate and clueless we were. We were scared of the OR and totally ashamed of ourselves for allowing us to get in such a financial mess but actually through out the past 6 years we learned to cope and its made us so strong, we have really learned how to manage our money,to live by our means,to budget and now we save for everything and if we have to wait to buy it, we just wait until we can afford it rather than buying and worrying about paying for it on finance. So thank you very much to everyone who helped us over the years, this forum is so helpful and a lifeline to people in bad situations like we were in back then xx Donna
Niobe Posted - 06 October 2016 : 09:25:31
That's great news!

Lisa Thomas Posted - 06 October 2016 : 09:09:26
Not long to go!

mrsdp2009 Posted - 05 October 2016 : 14:37:28
Thanks Lisa i will do that ,not long now :) its been a long six years but were nearly at the end ! (35 days )
Lisa Thomas Posted - 05 October 2016 : 09:25:36
Hi its 6 years from the date of the Order so should drop off November 2016. However some defaults don't automatically drop off and you have to contact the creditors direct to amend their records. Wait until November then check your credit records with the main providers - Experian, Callcredit and Equifax as they might be different.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page