Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 When can I re-apply for a Co-op card?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
369 Posted - 31 July 2008 : 16:35:02
Hello,

I have been declined a Co-op account, and cannot go to Barclays as they were one of my creditors. Also, do not want to pay for a Think Bank account etc.....

Was just wondering has anyone been declined by Co-op and then tried to reapply after a certain amount of time?

Just wondering if I try again in a few weeks, if they will reconsider - or is it a case of once you have tried you cannot try again?

Thanks
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
splonge Posted - 01 August 2008 : 13:09:00
I have a pretty terrible credit file, yet I was approved over the phone for a cashminder account. Took less than 10 minutes, received card etc within a week.

However it was a bit different when I applied for a savings account. Initially it was deferred but since approved
369 Posted - 01 August 2008 : 11:20:51
Hi Ians,

I have written to the Co-op to ask when I can re-apply...... I think I will try again in a couple of weeks and this time i will do it over the phone to see if it makes any difference.

i am due to be dischrged in 3 months tomorrow - woo hoo!!! So, i am hoping that it will not be difficult to set up an account after im discharged - if I can't get this co-op one now!

Thanks
BankruptC Posted - 31 July 2008 : 17:11:52
Hi 369,

We did ours over the phoe and it took about 10 mins of questions and them reading out statements we had to agree to () and it was done there and then. We did it on Monday and got the welcome packs this morning. I have to add we're not BR yet, but explained we would be very soon and it was no problem.

Is trying again over the phone worth a shot? just a thought.

I
369 Posted - 31 July 2008 : 16:58:11
I did! I wrote them a long letter stating that I had been approved in the bank, and they sent me a letter back saying that they understood that but after further investigation they have declined me, but they wouldnt say why as they said they were under no legal obligation to say why....even though in the letter I said PLEASE tell me what I can do to get approved for this account!

Am just so frustrated with it all - everyone else on here seems to not have had a problem getting one!

So, I have just written another letter to ask them when I can re-apply!
Thanks
zoe Posted - 31 July 2008 : 16:48:47
I think you definately need to appeal the decision!!!
Put it all to them and state you had been accepted so why have they changed their minds???
369 Posted - 31 July 2008 : 16:46:20
Hi,

It was definately a Cashminder account.

They approved it in the bank and then sent me a letter 10 days letter saying they had declined it and they gave no reason why!

I am wondering if i can reapply again soon or not?

Thanks
zoe Posted - 31 July 2008 : 16:38:26
Hi there
How did you apply for this account. Was it a cashminder or normal current. You will be turned down for a current account as i was, however there should be no problem with Cashminder

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page