Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for april
 what now?!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
michelle Posted - 16 September 2008 : 12:13:06
hi can anyone help i have an iva with wilson philips which i cant afford anymore with 6 kids, rented house and no car was given advice from helpline saying i should have been given different options originally other than debt management forever(originally with byrom keeley) or iva as i had/have no assets i have now not been able 2 pay for 2 months and am doing the usual thing and burying my head in the sand i am finding it increasingly difficult to cope with a new baby, 2 of my other children are disabled and being the only person that ever has to deal with things i have a history of depression the iva is joint with my husband but all decisions are left to me i have tried talking to him but he says he will do whatevevr i decide i cant afford to make us bankrupt and am getting letters from ip who i have NEVER spoken to personally. please help i dont know what to do im even being taken to court for my council tax.
on paper my husbands wage looks fairly good, we recieve dla for 1 and child benefit but by the time youve taken out the increasingly high utilities and food there is nothing left (part of my sons disability means that he needs a special diet unfit for my other kids and cannot regulate his body temp so heating has to be on even in the summer, also lots of extra washing etc) i have sent letters and emails and made phone calls but never get anywhere i have had the iva for 2 years going into 3 and paid £535/m for 1st year and £300/m 2nd year but an extra year was added as we needed payments reduced.
sorry to go on but im stuck, any replies greatly received
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Suzanne Posted - 17 September 2008 : 09:54:37
It sounds to be like the IVA company should be petitioning for your bankruptcy, you could try giving them a call to ask them to check it out for you and then at least you will know for sure.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
michelle Posted - 17 September 2008 : 09:47:44
thanks for your replies in the initial proposal it says that they must retain money for bankrupcy but in the acceptance proposal it says "funds need not be retained for the petition of the debtors bankrupcy" also originally creditors were going to receive 100% but since reducing my payments on the creditors report it says 54.9% what a nightmare!!!
it can be pretty busy in this house but i wouldnt have it any other way my oh works and does diy the rest of it is left to me typical man. does anyone know if bankruptcy is the only other step it seems like all but 1 of my debts have been bought by max recovery i cant see it doing them much good to make us bankrupt as at the momoent my i&e is running at -£300 due to school and teaching my oldest child at home as we cant get any help with funding for his tutor or materials etc so im having to pick which bills im going to pay each month. any thoughts welcome i know i am told i am not alone but it certainly feels like it as it seems i cant do right for doing wrong!!
chelle
Needafriend Posted - 16 September 2008 : 13:48:36
Hey Michelle

Just wanted to say your not alone and that like Suzanne you must have your hands full, i have 3 boys one 15 with disabilities and twins nearly 9 so i sort of understand where your coming from.

As for your OH that sounds just like mine, i do it all he just signs it. I know typical man, oh well thats life and i would not have it any other way but sometimes we just need that little bit of help and understanding.
Men cant live with them cant live without them.
Your not alone on here and we are here whatever your querie or question. Take care and keep posting.

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Suzanne Posted - 16 September 2008 : 13:43:22
Hi

Sounds like you've got your hands full.

If you check your proposal and chairmans report you may find that the IP has to petition for your bankruptcy in the event of the IVA failing, and they have probably ring fenced the funds in order to do it.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page