Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for march
 An odd Question...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
donememoney Posted - 07 April 2009 : 09:52:50
As some of you know, I have been throught the BR machine and was discharged last month. I would urge anyone who is in real difficulties to do the same as my life has changed around. I even sleep well after 11 years of worry. I have a very odd question....
Since my BR I have banked with Nationwide and whilst I have had no problems the do not issue Debit cards so no good in Tesco's I asked for one but was told they cannot risk it What risk? I only want to spend my money!

Anyway. I applied to Nat West for a Step Account and to my astonishment they have given me one, Debit Card and all! My concern is that I owed Nat West over £30k in my bankruptcy. If I start to have salary paid into this account can they retrospectively start taking money from this new account as some form of payback?

I know it sounds silly but I was so amazed I was given the account I am now questioning why. Any comment will be much appreciated.

In the meantime I would like to thank everyone who advised me through what in the end was not too much of a bad time. God bless you all.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackie Posted - 07 April 2009 : 16:46:02
Legally the NatWest can not take money from one account to pay another and it would be "a preference" if they did (preferring one creditor over another to leave them in a better position).
However banks will continue to do as they please and you may find you salary slowly disappearing. I would suggest that you immediately open a basic bank account with the Co-op Bank, who will provide you with a debit card and request your employer to pay your salary into this account.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page