Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Bankruptcy form outgoings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  20:48:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu

It will be down to the OR on the day to what they will allow etc but they are not horrid people.

Dont worry about them, my one was great, and most of our other posters have had good experiences with the interview etc.

I seriously would not worry about what they will or wont say or do until you have gone BR, then they will go over your I&E and once they write to say you may get an IPA then you can scrutinize that with them and fight it, dont sign anything until your 100%sure and happy.

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 06 December 2008 :  22:48:04  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo

Im just so scared and worried at the moment, and I dont know whether to cut the hours down in work or not

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  08:32:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu

I would do what is best for you. At the end of the day your health is the most important and i know i would look at that part first.

If you feel lowering the hours is the best way, then that is what you must do.

I know that your scared and worried, i know i was, but you have to take control and do what you feel is right at the end of the day.

You wont be penialised for that :-)

Jo
x

17 Weeks down
35 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  10:48:04  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo

Ill start looking for jobs next year, and hope for the best with the bankruptcy

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  12:13:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Stu

Let us know how it all goes and also if i can be of any more assistance.

Jo
x

18 Weeks down
34 to go

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  14:38:16  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo

Sorry for all the questions,

Once im a discharged Bankrupt, will I be able to open a basic account with any bank, even if that bank was a creditor, for example Nationwide?

Thanks

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  15:28:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu

That would be down to the bank and their policies, but at the end of the day once discharged their is nothing stopping you from applying to any of the banks and see what they say.

Even if they were creditors:-)

Jo
x

18 Weeks down
34 to go

Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  15:54:52  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu,

You can open a basic account as soon as you've been declared BR (I opened mine the day after I went BR). However, not with anyone you owed money to when you went BR. The Co-Op Cashminder seems to be the most BR-friendly account out there at present.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  16:02:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Stu

I think i mis read your question, as a discharged bankrupt you can apply more or less to most banks and they will let you know if you can have an account with them.

As an undischarged BR then the choice is a bit limited the coop as Julian has said is the most common one now and like Julian i opened mine the day of my bankruptcy.

Jo
x

18 Weeks down
34 to go

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  19:36:36  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Julian
Co-op where one of my creditors, and one of the nastiest too, thats why I have gone back to Thinkbanking

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  20:34:16  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jo as well

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2008 :  00:19:23  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is Barclaycard linked with Barclays bank, some say they are and some say there not?

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

jelly4toes
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  11:56:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you are getting help medically speaking re your depression a letter from your gp stating the gym is necessary as an aid to your recovery and not a luxurious expense the or might let you keep it definitely worth a go,
Go to Top of Page

memphisd56

United Kingdom
112 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2009 :  16:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Co-op removed the loan account i had with them, (£2500 included in BR), but kept the cashminder account open???!!...strange, but true..

I to, went with Think Banking, but have put £1 into my Cashminder, with a view to using it at a later date, as Think Banking Costs £12.50pm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page