Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 OR interview on Thursday!!! Gulp!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2008 :  09:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck today Maizie,
We are all thinking of you and hoping that it goes well. Let us know how you got on.

Luv'n'hugs
Tracy
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2008 :  11:02:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I have just got off the phone to my OR and what a relief! Only 50 minutes! The interview was fine, I explained about not knowing about when I incurred my debts and what I paid with what etc. and he was fine, I talked jibberish alot of the time but he was really good.

He is going to work out my expenditure because I put joint expenditure down and don't know the exact wage of my partner, so he is going to work out my amounts and send it to me in tonights post for me to look at. With regards to my car, he said they have to give me £2,000 for a car and because my car is worth that it probably wouldn't be worthing selling etc what with costs as well. They said if my car is worth less than £2,700 they wouldn't touch it and he didn't think they would as I need it for work anyway. They will let me know in a couple of weeks.

He said there was about £10 left in my Lloyds account, he has written to them to say I can have that money.

He said he is going to recommend me for an early discharge but its up to the creditors to agree to that so just have to wait and see!

I feel so relieved, more so when I get my expenditure list through but he was very very reasonable and understanding of my circumstances. I'm now going to have a celebratory cup of tea!!!!

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2008 :  11:05:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi maizie

pleased to hear that all went well for you. It looks like you've had a result all round so far, well done.

I've never heard of an examiner suggesting early discharge so early in the proceedings...Happy Days!!!

www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

tracy_b

United Kingdom
457 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2008 :  11:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Maizie,
Thats really good news for you. Glad it went well and hopefully when you get your I&E you will be really chuffed.
Tracy
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2008 :  12:43:02  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great news Maizie!

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2008 :  16:25:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YEY!!!!!!!! Glad it went well for you hon! that must be a huge weight off your mind!

Have a HUGE glass of wine tonight and CHILL!!!

C. x
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 18 September 2008 :  17:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Maizie

That is great news, well done, enjoy the rest of the evening and now your well and truely on your way in your new debt free life.

Jo x

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it get a brighter torch"

For links to help with Bankruptcy, useful web pages and also a run down of my new debt free life, both before and after Bankruptcy, then please visit my blog:

http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2008 :  13:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all your kind messages.

I had my expenditure forms sent through this weekend and was so shocked. The OR has been really really generous.

The only thing that I am questioning is that some of the allowances are slightly more than what I pay for? Do I have to correct them on this?

Also they have not allowed for holidays or my contact lenses because they said my contact lenses are seen as a luxury which made me laugh because how can my sight be a luxury? I am so blind I can't even see my fingers without them in! Has anyone else heard about this being refused?

Do I ask them to reconsider the contact lenses or use the slightly extra allowances they gave me to pay for them?

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2008 :  13:25:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
the expenditures the OR deems reasonable are what he would expect your household to live on. If you have actually been living on less than that is to your credit (no pun intended). The OR knows that if your allowances are not kept up his guideline level you could be back in a couple of months stating an IPA, if you had one, was not affordable.

I have to say you won't often get that kind of understanding in DMP or IVA.

I wouldn't necessarily push the contact lens issue as he could advise you to go buy some cheap glasses.
However, insolvency guidelines state that a family of 4 should be permitted a monthly expenditure of £60 to £80 per month for a "domestic break".
I would speak again on this point without being too forceful.

0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2008 :  13:36:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I put down £20 a month for holidays, how would I approach this subject without sounding "too forceful"?

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2008 :  16:13:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Maizie
Really pleased that it went well for you, hopefully you can relax now and be optimistic about the future.
Nat
x
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2008 :  17:22:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
when approaching the OR regarding holiday I would just say, in the nicest possible way, that although you realise that not all expenditures can be allowed and that you could maybe wear glasses instead of spending on lenses, you had researched as much as you could prior to BR and government insolvency site gave you the impression that a "break" was acceptable.

I've a terrible memory so I cannot remember exactly who it was but someone posted recently that a holiday expenditure was disallowed but the examiner suggested, and allowed, a domestic break instead.

Don't ask me what the difference is as I haven't a clue but the figures I gave you earlier are from that government insolvency site.

0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2008 :  11:01:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will they reduce any of my other costs if I request a domestic break amount?

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

poopedmass

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2008 :  11:33:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not alowing for contact lenses, now I am worried!! I work so I will still have some DI, how much are they likely to take? Does anyone know!!??
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2008 :  11:39:32  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Poopedmass,

There has been a previous post in this respect showing your DI and what would be taken in an IPA/IPO.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page