Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Newbie - Scared and worried

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pcoventry Posted - 06 April 2012 : 12:06:52
Hi All,

First post on what I hope is a life journey.

I am 35 and I owe £33,306. This is made up of personal debt and also a repossession and secured loan which was part of my marriage. I am basing this figure on the fact that I am liable for all the amount and that 50/50 is just a pipe dream.

I don't earn much and after my outgoing I only have a few hundred pounds a month to live on, I am hoping BR will help me. I am not concerned about credit. Infact I won't apply for it as long as I breath.

I am worried that I will be rejected. I am currently on SSP and I could be losing my job at the end of this month - But hopefully I will keep it and solider on!

Pete
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcoventry Posted - 12 April 2012 : 18:16:27
Thanks Jan,

It's not like it's even my money in someone else's account. It's from someone's savings so it's for sure not mine :)

Sent my ex and her solicitor the wonderful news today in the hope of damage limitation. I get nothing out of knowing she will get hit. Our 2 children may well suffer as a result. For me it's a guaranteed step so I thought I would give her a heads up. Knowing I will get cursed to high heaven anyway!
Niobe Posted - 12 April 2012 : 17:20:16
If it is in someone elses account then it will be fine and nobody can touch it.

Follow through
Make your dreams come true
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright
'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

Jan
xxx
pcoventry Posted - 12 April 2012 : 17:12:16
Thanks for the advice guys,

it's currently in someone elses bank account. It's being given to me as a gift so when I need it I will have it a day or so before.

I keep ringing the court to see if there have been any cancellations so I can get this done quicker. I still feel very uneasy as I am currently not protected :/
James Falla Posted - 12 April 2012 : 16:41:54
That is good advice from Jan. If you have the £700 you need for the court sitting in a bank account with a creditor you owe money then the money wil always be at risk. If this is the case, draw it out asap and keep it in cash under the bed ready for when you go to the court.

Debt solutions expert and author.
If you would like further help or guidance visit www.beatmydebt.com
Alternatively I can be contacted via e-mail: james@beatmydebt.com
Niobe Posted - 12 April 2012 : 15:50:42
If it's in a creditor bank account then I'd take it out asap as they could take it to offset against your debts.

Follow through
Make your dreams come true
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright
'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

Jan
xxx
pcoventry Posted - 12 April 2012 : 14:42:52
I've let the council tax people know as they are the only ones that could put me in prision.. The rest I guess will have to wait.
pcoventry Posted - 11 April 2012 : 18:57:51
I've e-mailed all my creditors rather than writing to them. They all provide e-mail addresses so I used them and kept the e-mails.

I've also contacted council tax debt from the past to inform them.

I am now trying to negotiate payment with my current council tax as I assume that just carries on as usual.

I still need to see if I keep my job or not next week but I will have to go bankrupt in any case.

I've also told my ex wife's solicitor that I am doing this and that it will be shortly. Making our situation over finances easier to sort out.

I may ring the court tomorrow to see if theres any cancellations for the coming week. It's worth a shot. I am just very keen to get this done. I dread the knocks at the door that may or may not come :/

One things for sure.. i'd top myself if someone took the £700 I have and put it towards a current debt :?
pcoventry Posted - 11 April 2012 : 16:54:13
Thanks Viki,

Ive not been threatened with one yet and I probably wont. It will all be going on my BR
Viki.W Posted - 11 April 2012 : 16:03:35
If it's a debt that can go into the bankrupty, then you don't have to pay it. It will drop off after 6years.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
pcoventry Posted - 11 April 2012 : 15:26:40
Do CCJs get removed when BR hits or do they just stay on too? Don't CCJ's have to be repaid when the period is over?
pcoventry Posted - 10 April 2012 : 17:45:42
I guess it dosen't really matter either way? Both Methods will have the same outcome!

Thanks for all your advice Viki and Jan. I thought I was nieve to just think " well If I just stop paying it dosen't matter if they chase me for CCJ's etc as I'll be bankrupt possible before or shortly after anyway"

Maybe that's true.. I guess because I am at very low risk with no house that's mine and no assets or savings I can only do what I can do!.

I may well be losing my job next week to put the icing on the cake but I sure hope not!

I also think that if I keep my existing lines of credit open and pay them on time when the BR comes off my credit file I might have a decent score - but I doubt it! (not wanting credit again ever so not really bothered)
Viki.W Posted - 10 April 2012 : 17:37:47
Again, that's your choice. Some carry on with token payments, some just stop paying.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
pcoventry Posted - 10 April 2012 : 17:28:39
okay thanks.

Ill simply keep up with the token payments. I suspect it's not good to just say sod it and ignore them?

Viki.W Posted - 10 April 2012 : 17:20:46
Yes, they can chase you beforehand.

They can't chase you afterwards, although you may still get a few letters. The OR informs them all and if they do carry on contacting you, then you can contact them with your BR number.

Once they know you are bankrupt they shouldn't contact you again, so you may not need to change your number.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
pcoventry Posted - 10 April 2012 : 15:55:27
I see so if I tell them they will still carry on chasing me until I am.

Can they chase me after? I've seen advice on changing your phone numbers after being made BR

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page