Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 what banks will let me open an account

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ps22 Posted - 29 July 2008 : 23:39:04
what banks will let me open an account now i have been made bankrupt?

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
carbsakey Posted - 01 August 2008 : 13:23:04
I had a Thinkbanking account before I went BK. The only reason I closed it was becaucse there was no longer any money going in & they do charge £12.50 a month for the service. However, I did find it a really good account as they only transfer onto your card money that is spare i.e they keep any money needed for bills etc in a separate account & transfer the rest fo you to use. They also do not charge fees for non payments of DD etc. They will basically give anyone an account but as I said there is a fee. they are part of the RBS group & will even accept you if they are one of your creditors.
369 Posted - 31 July 2008 : 16:44:58
Yeah it was definately a Cashminder account.

I have an Abbey Cash Card at the mo, but you cannot do direct debits with this - which is soooo annoying. So, my wages go into my sisters account and she pays for all my direct debits - but it is getting really confusing - so just want an account i can do direct debits with.

I thought that the Co-op Cashminder account would be perfect and was thrilled when they approved me in the bank, and then they sent me a letter declining me and they gave no reason what so ever!!!

Thanks
zoe Posted - 31 July 2008 : 16:39:01
Are you sure that they applied for a cashminder and not a normal current account!????
369 Posted - 31 July 2008 : 16:32:21
Hi Ians,

I was told in the bank that it had been approved and that I should recieve my cards/pin etc in the next ten days, but all i received was a letter declining me!

I think if you have received a welcome letter (as I didn't) then you should be ok and you should get your cards etc very soon!

Good luck!
BankruptC Posted - 31 July 2008 : 14:08:53
Hi 369,

I saw your post the other day about this. Can I just ask did you get your welcome pack from the Co-Op or did you just get a letter saying your application had been declined?

The reason I ask is that today we've received our welcome packs but are still waiting for our cards. Just checking we won't be declined too!

Thanks,

I
369 Posted - 31 July 2008 : 14:06:10
I went bankrupt in Nov 07, went into Co-op the other day adn was approved waiting for my card and pin, but instead was sent a letter saying I had been declined and that they were not at liberty to tell me why!

I would try a couple of others as well..... Abbey Cash Card, or Barclays.....just in case what happened to me - happens to you!
mst Posted - 30 July 2008 : 14:24:27
I was made bankrupt in the morning and went straight to a branch of the co-op after being told I could leave court. I told them I was made BR that morning and was told that it was not a problem. My account was open within a few days and my card arrived in the post 1 week to the day of being made BR.
zoe Posted - 30 July 2008 : 14:17:55
It was approved this week, and i have been discahrged since June
x
Needafriend Posted - 30 July 2008 : 14:09:14
quote:
Originally posted by zoe

Co-op cashminders will allow opening.
Both Skippy and I have one of those.

Hi Zoe,
How long after going Br did you get to open your coop acc.
Thanks
Jo

"Lifes too short, Grab it while you can, Make each day count and live life to the full. Dont Worry- Be Happy!"

zoe Posted - 30 July 2008 : 09:41:37
Co-op cashminders will allow opening.
Both Skippy and I have one of those.
Ian Richards Posted - 30 July 2008 : 09:19:49
Hi PS22

Barclay's will let you open one as long as they are not one of your creditors. Onebanking and thinkbanking will definitely let you open an account but i would look at their websites as they operate slightly different to the normal high street banks, and they charge monthly fee's.

If you are in need of any further help or assistance, please contact me regarding my services via email.
Needafriend Posted - 30 July 2008 : 07:47:25
hi PS22 and welcome to the forum

There are a few threads recently about this subject have a look through them it may help to also answer your question.

That said Co-op seem to be a good one and then there are things like Tuxedo.

But someone with more knowledge will give you more advice, I do know like i have said that this question has been answered in other threads.

If not you will get more info soon.

Take care

Jo

"Lifes too short, Grab it while you can, Make each day count and live life to the full. Dont Worry- Be Happy!"

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page