Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 postings from 2007
 reposession after bankruptcy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emmalou

175 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  07:46:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there have been reading through some of these messages and am feeling a bit worried about information i may have been given.let me explain....in sept my husband had an accident hospital,surgery three months off work!he was a hgv driver at time working for an agency so we recieved almost no bennifits.parents in law helped with mortgaga but got behind on everything.soooo husband returns to work and we start using literaaly every penny to pay back extra to all our creditors to reduce arrears,then in feb mortgage company informs us that even though we have paid fully every month which kept us only one month in arrears actually we are two months in arrears because we pay on last day of month but next day another payment is due taking us over two months in arrears with charges so reposession order keeps starting and suspending depending on time of month..so we agree to pay £100 a month to clear arrears ,this will kill us.....then wait for it.. mortgage company writes to tell us that when we come off fixed rate in july our mortgage will go up by £300 at least!!no other lender can help us we have tried two independent brokers.so after lots of advise on friday we were declared bankrupt.we did have about £3000 pounds worth of debt but the reason we went bankrupt is because we can no longer cope with our mortgage when it goes up it will be over our earnings we were advised that if there was a short fall on house it would be included in bankruptcy.the house has been on market three months with no interest agent doesnt think we can get what we need to cover mortgage and secured loan,so there will be a short fall.sooo we are handing back the keys to mortgage company this week and moving into a rented house.the reposession order will commence again as we have not paid this months payment....so can any one help!! will we be liable for shortfall on house??what happens about council tax from now untill house is reposessed??will OR be responsible for selling our house and sorting all debts related to it or will mortgage company deal with it??anything else that can help us let me know!!

debtfreesusie67

256 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  10:06:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Emmalou I can't answer you question but I'm sure an expert will be along shortly. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and to say you've come to the right place.
Sue
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  10:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey emmalou, I also wanted to welcome you to the forum. An expert, I'm sure, will be along to help you out. I have read something about this before and I'm sure if you contact the council they will sort the council tax issue out, but I can't find the thread now so please wait for an expert. Good luck. Viki X
Go to Top of Page

emmalou

175 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  11:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for support already! we are starting to move today into a rented house i hope this is a new start for us my husbands really struggled with all the stress and we really need a new start.
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  11:17:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah emmalou, good luck for the move, I really hope it is a fresh start for you and you both start to feel a little better soon. The main thing is you have each other, family are more important than money, remember that. An expert will be along soon to help you with your questions. Viki X
Go to Top of Page

emmalou

175 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2008 :  11:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you are so right that is partly why we have decided to go bankrupt and not worry to much about loosing the house at the end of the day i dont care where i live as long as its got my family in it.we have three beautiful kids and a fantastic husband.i just think its sad that we live in a time where my husband busts a gut to earn a wage and we cant even afford to pay our bills let alone have a life!!it feels like if your a "normal" family with your own home there is no help god forbid you need extra help in a time of crisis like when my husband was injured,we recieved £11 a week income support for five of us!!!anyway enough ranting theres boxes moving past me at a rate of knots so onwards and upwards!!thanks.
Go to Top of Page

emmalou

175 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2008 :  07:03:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys!!roughly how long does it take to make contact with a expert??is there a more direct route??we are handing back keys to mortgage company at weekend and i dont want to make any mistakes.thanks....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page