Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bankruptcy News
 bankruptcy news
 Help please with forms section 6
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Golf88
Starting Member

43 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2010 :  16:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I really need help here folks... pg 36 Section 6 6.7 - how much do other members of your household contribute each month to the household expenses?

It's only me who is going BR, my hubby and I are going to divorce but are remaining in the home together for now until I can get myself sorted. He brings in a good wage but is also in debt and going into his own IVA soon. Do I declare his income? He pays most of our outgoings so how the hell do I lay out my I&E?

My son (17) is in ft education and daughter is 22 and at uni but stays at home. I do pay my way but am very very confused and dont want to get this wrong. My take home pay is 1000.

Do I have to put in what his IVA payment will be also? God, I can't believe this is happening and am not feeling confident that I can fill in the forms correctly. OOppps, and do i need to get my property valuation done now? I go to hand in my petition in 11 days.

help please???

Regards,
Golf88

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2010 :  17:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
calm down for a start, it doesnt matter if it is not quite to the OR's liking as you will discuss the whole situation at the interview

Now, In section 13 put in detail of the current situation because it is slightly unusual. Say that you are effectibly living as two seperate households and only havnt moved because of the finances.

In section 6 put your income, Since you are being treated as seperate households dont put his ncome down. In section 7, put half of all the household expenses rent, gas, elec, water, tel etc plus your own personal expenses, car, hardressing, medical etc.

Your daughter is not part of your household as she should be self sufficient. Your son is so your household is 1 adult and 1 child

finally, dont get the valuations now, wait for the OR to ask you
Go to Top of Page

savana
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 26 December 2010 :  09:56:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am known to this and but I dont know about the hold we have to keep on it.
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 26 December 2010 :  10:36:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Savana, please stop posting on the bottom of old threads. This is a UK site and the company you are advertising won't be of any use to anyone on here.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 26 December 2010 :  20:44:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Viki - link removed and poster locked out.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

Bigal4787
forum expert

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 26 December 2010 :  23:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Golf88,
the reason you are asked to put what other members of your household contribute is that the OR completes a spreadsheet in which your income(as the bankrupt) is entered along with your hubby, from which they work out what your percentage you contribute to expenditure(no need to put any detail as to what your hubby pays i.e the IVA).
i.e. if yours is £1000 per month, and your hubby's is £2,000 per month, then you have a total household income would be £3,000,which means they would count your contribution to be 33% or a third.

So say your mortgage was say £600 per month, they would calculate your contribution as £200 per month and so on.

It doesn't matter whether you do a valuation of the property now or not, as the OR nowadays do valuations from online sources such as UP MY STREET and ZOOPLA, if you don't get one, they will go by theirs, but if you dispute it then you would need to get one done(a quick sale one from an estate agent is usually good enough)

Big Al
Insolvency examiner with the Insolvency service from April 2008 - July 2010.

If you need help completing SOA's(statement of affairs) or PIQ's(preliminary information questionnaire) if you've been declared bankrupt, or anything else and you're within 30 miles or so of Warrington, then please contact me via my contact details in the expert page for futher details"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page