•Bankruptcy Information Center
•What is Bankruptcy?
•Is Bankruptcy right for me?

•How to declare Bankruptcy?
•What happens to my assets?
•Bankruptcy and credit rating


•Bankruptcy News

Media Room:
•Press releases
•Media Coverage

•About BankruptcyHelp
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 House wont sell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Junior Member

United Kingdom
203 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2010 :  18:46:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
House wont sell

After nearly three years my case has still not been resolved See link to my first post

The situation I am in now is that an IP has taken over the equity of my ex wife’s share of the home and endowments. Ex made bankrupt November 2008.

We have had a couple of valuations on the home and I made 3 offers to buy the share out from them but it seems it was not enough. Last February 2010 we agreed to market the house to release the equity but because of a few mistakes from the IP office and am now dealing with the 4th different person in charge of my case the house was only marketed on the 24th May2010.

The problem now is houses aren’t selling and it looks again like we are on the edge of a house price crash. I have only had two viewings on the property and many in my area just don’t sell.

If I hold out I could buy the other half back at the lower offer if we do indeed have the predicted house price crash. The IP seems to be very reasonable and don’t seem to be pushing a sale at all.

Am I correct to think this will play out? Or will they force a sale in the end. If they do, the low forced sale will be close to my offer price.

Any advice will be helpful. I would think many here are in a similar situation with little interest in sales of housing.

Senior Member

1159 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  07:46:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There doesn't seem much option for you but to hang on & wait.
Go to Top of Page

Junior Member

United Kingdom
203 Posts

Posted - 29 September 2010 :  20:41:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Rock and a hard place

Been here with my problem now for about 3 years. I am stuck

My problem now is I have offered to buy the beneficial interest to the other half of my home from price water house and coopers.
They have refused my first 3 offers so I placed the house on the open market for a sale price of about 165k.
To date they want 68k from me for the beneficial interest, my last offer was for 55k. If we achieved a sale price of 165k then that would be fair or close minus costs would give about 66k each. The best offer we have had is 135k for the house and the vendors were in no position to proceed (not sold their own home). If we did get this price then they (PWC) would only get 51k.
In 4 months we have only had 5 viewings

We are about to hit the 2nd anniversary on November the 13th of the bankruptcy.
What are the options open to me and what can they do.

I feel like my time is running out. Will I be thrown out of my home? I still have a mortgage to pay on it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06