Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 bailiffs
 iva
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

triumphrob955
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2010 :  16:15:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
all i can say about ivas is that they are ****,yep,****..i had mine back in 2002 i think,re-mortgaged and paid it off in 2003,the iva has just run out this year,ie-21/07/2010..my advice is.....go bankrupt..seriously,thats what i should have done,that way ya debt is totally wiped out,you dont pay a bean back and you are debt free after 6 yrs..er..just like an iva!!!!!!!..so wots the point??..ok you might lose ya home!! big deal...go rent..ohh,and another thing..i paid the money through my solicitor,and 1 year later,yes 1 year later,it was finally agreed to accept my offer,so now i am going to look into getting some my interest back..all i can say is...be warned....ps...and dont believe it when you are told its not a form of bankruptcy!!!...it is!!!.good luck...Rob

rob emmett

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2010 :  16:20:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rob,

Goodness me! You're obviously very mad.

I completely disagree with you, IVAs can be a great solution in the right circumstances. Don't forget, not everyone is happy to lose their home.

Never mind, sounds like you've moved on so I wish you the best of luck for the future.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2010 :  17:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally disagree with you Rob, an IVA is an excellent idea for some people. A lot of them don't want to lose their home, their jobs might be at risk and they want to try and pay back as much as they can.

Bankruptcy may have been a better option for you in hindsight but for others it most certainly isn't.

Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cos Kansas is going bye bye.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2010 :  17:48:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to disagree with you Rob, IVA's are an excellent solution for many people.

I also don't agree that losing your home is not a big deal - many people want to keep their homes.

While I understand that you think an IVA was the wrong decision for you, please can you watch the tone and language of your posts.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2010 :  12:25:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that this comes back to getting advice from proffessionals like the experts on this and IVA forum before taking action. experts active in the field

an IVA is appropriate for some, Going BR is also good for some, DMP could be an option. negotiated settlements could be considered, the only thing not to do is stick ones head in the sand, the problem will not go away.

unfortantly some companies (or private advice) are hell bent on one solution fitting all perhaps a lack of knowledge of the whole process or options available.

It is too late to change your situation Rob (sorry) but others reading this thread may be able to learn from your experiences.

Bankruptcy was the right solution for me but this was after my expert had taken the time to explain all of the options and possible outcomes.

I have drawn a clear clean line and started fresh, thank you Paul and the team at Reviva
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page