Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 housing
 No one will rent to us
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 01 March 2011 :  20:48:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening,

Sorry to read ofr your plight.

You mentioned health and if you or a member of your family are suffering from depression (this is classed as mental health) and as such, they should award you some additional priority.

I will be happy to give cyber advice and ask that you post back with a bit more of a picture:

How old are you and your partner?
Are you in work?
How old are your children?
What is this about a guarantor?
Have the council offered you any assistance with a bond or guarantee in the private sector?

As to the estate agent assisting you - they are a private business and are under no legal duty to assist you (or anyone else). If, in their view, you may be a risk, then they can chose not to offer you any help

You could try Shelter as has already been suggested or the local CAB

Post back and I will try to help

Housing

quote:
Originally posted by madness12

OK - Spoke to the council and basically we are not a priority and no they will not change the band...We have to rent privately if we can't they have no legally obligation to house us...They did say about a guarantor thingy but its not the money we offered 6 months rent the estate agents still said NO...This is out of order, so on the 10th we will be homeless unless we are a single parent have health issues which would need to be checked or over 60...Even they were to offer us shelter in the (1) hostal they have me and my husband would not be together...oh and my stepdaughter who comes to stay every weekend and most school holidays would not be taken into consideration as she does not live with us full time...What a joke...So when I get made redundant on the 31st I won't get another job and I will suggest to my husband we start a family of our own..I bet the girl on the phone was all of 19!!!and she has the right to say no...I did ask to see a council officer...we haven't got any appointments for about a month you can see a duty officer though...what for them to make me feel like c*** too..:o( I don't suppose my stress and depression would be classed as a health issue either!! So for the next 4 years we will be homeless and only once the BR is off our credit file will anyone rent to us...may be. I don't think anyone should have the right to refuse you help I don't think the BR should be taken into considerdation when you are trying to rent privately unless the council is whiling to help..

"There are no problems - only solutions"
Go to Top of Page

MAXIE97
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 17 April 2011 :  17:32:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Housing

Good evening,

You mentioned health and if you or a member of your family are suffering from depression (this is classed as mental health) and as such, they should award you some additional priority.

I will be happy to give cyber advice and ask that you post back with a bit more of a picture:

Are you in work?
Have the council offered you any assistance with a bond or guarantee in the private sector?

As to the estate agent assisting you - they are a private business and are under no legal duty to assist you (or anyone else). If, in their view, you may be a risk, then they can chose not to offer you any help

Housing

quote:

OK - Spoke to the council and basically we are not a priority and no they will not change the band...We have to rent privately if we can't they have no legally obligation to house us...They did say about a guarantor thingy but its not the money we offered 6 months rent the estate agents still said NO...This is out of order, so on the 10th we will be homeless unless we are a single parent have health issues which would need to be checked or over 60...Even they were to offer us shelter in the (1) hostal they have me and my husband would not be together...oh and my stepdaughter who comes to stay every weekend and most school holidays would not be taken into consideration as she does not live with us full time...What a joke...So when I get made redundant on the 31st I won't get another job and I will suggest to my husband we start a family of our own..I bet the girl on the phone was all of 19!!!and she has the right to say no...I did ask to see a council officer...we haven't got any appointments for about a month you can see a duty officer though...what for them to make me feel like c*** too..:o( I don't suppose my stress and depression would be classed as a health issue either!! So for the next 4 years we will be homeless and only once the BR is off our credit file will anyone rent to us...may be. I don't think anyone should have the right to refuse you help I don't think the BR should be taken into considerdation when you are trying to rent privately unless the council is whiling to help..

Hi all,

i am in the same situation as madness12,i have about 6 wks to get a place sorted or i am out as i understand it,been living in my home for 14yrs and totaly gutted i am having to leave it,council cant do much for anyone it seems, only if you fit a certain criteria.

regards

maxie.
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2011 :  15:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Set out a "pen picture" of your situation and I will see if I can offer some suggestions for you

Richard
quote:
Originally posted by MAXIE97

quote:
Originally posted by Housing

Good evening,

Are you in work?

Housing

quote:

Hi all,

i am in the same situation as madness12,i have about 6 wks to get a place sorted or i am out as i understand it,been living in my home for 14yrs and totaly gutted i am having to leave it,council cant do much for anyone it seems, only if you fit a certain criteria.

regards

maxie.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page