Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bankruptcy News
 bankruptcy news
 bankruptcy???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tinkerbella1970
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2011 :  19:43:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey this is my first time on here and i am really stuggling to know what to do next? has anyone used a company to file your bankruptcy? is this the best thing to do or should i try and do it myself??? what benefits are used as income as i have 2 kids and if i go down this path then in a few months my eldest turns 18 so what happens then as benefits will cease for her??? god this is hard??? HELP

Blackie
forum expert

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2011 :  07:09:23  Show Profile  Visit Blackie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Tinkerbella1970

First of all, welcome. It is sheer preference whether you apply for your own bankruptcy or use a professional. Whilst you are able to complete the forms and attend court, there are plenty of users of this website who would answer your queries and help. You would save yourself a few hundred pounds by doing this. However at least by using a professional, you should be happy in the knoweledge knowing that all the bankruptcy forms will be completed to the satisfaction of the court and Official Receiver. There will also (in certain cases) be someone who can attend court with you and put your mind at ease.

For help and advice on the easiest and most effective way to a debt free future, please go to www.bankruptcy365.co.uk.
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 16 August 2011 :  12:59:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tinkerbella,

To be honest, if you are okay with filling out forms, then I wouldn't bother using one of the companies to fill out the forms unless it is a really complicated petition. I only had personal debts (credit cards, loans, etc) and I had no problem completing the forms myself and I am not particularly great at filling out forms to be honest. As long as you take your time and make sure you include all your debts, then I can't see why you shouldn't be able to do it yourself... and save money into the bargain. It might seem daunting at first, but if you take your time and go through the forms a few times then it really is nothing to worry about.

Good luck

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2011 :  10:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Tinkerbella 1970

Great posts from Blackie & xmas baby.

We did use a company for our BR as we wanted the peace of mind and to be able to call on them throughout the year of our BR too, but it really is a personal (& financial!!!) choice.

There are some fabulous experts & posters on here who will help you as much as they can if you decide to apply for BR yourself.
You can also contact one of the experts directly by clicking on the 'experts' link to the left of this page & they will be able to advise you more.
Good Luck with whichever route you choose.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!

Edited by - glafy on 18 August 2011 10:56:35
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2011 :  11:14:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it may be worth you reposting your questions re benefits & income on the main 'New Questions' section of the forum for the experts to see & hopefully answer for you.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2011 :  12:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll bump this back up so any of the other experts can reply.

Follow through
Make your dreams come true
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright
'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

Jan
xxx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: