Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Newbie - Scared and worried
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  12:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I have asked anyway and the it's been passed on to Equifax. I am sure this will fail but i tried that's all I need to tell myself.

Looking forward to the day I am debt free now - Finally a light at the end of the tunnel :)
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  13:19:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AM I right in thinking that between now and the date I have to go to court people can still take me to court for recovery? And if that happens would it stop me going bankrupt?

I assume the court now knows my intention but it's always at another court
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  13:29:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even though you've booked an appointment, it won't stop any court proceedings, but they will be overridden by the bankruptcy and they can't stop the bankruptcy.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  15:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Viki, I guess it's nice to know. So while I will stick to the token payments I guess in reality I can really just ignore it - I wish it was sooner but I have not lived here long enough in the past 6 months to qualify here.

Should I just tell them of my intentions? It's definate I have everything filled out and the money just waiting game now
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  15:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's your choice but it won't make any difference if you do or don't.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  15:55:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see so if I tell them they will still carry on chasing me until I am.

Can they chase me after? I've seen advice on changing your phone numbers after being made BR
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  17:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, they can chase you beforehand.

They can't chase you afterwards, although you may still get a few letters. The OR informs them all and if they do carry on contacting you, then you can contact them with your BR number.

Once they know you are bankrupt they shouldn't contact you again, so you may not need to change your number.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  17:28:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okay thanks.

Ill simply keep up with the token payments. I suspect it's not good to just say sod it and ignore them?

Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  17:37:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again, that's your choice. Some carry on with token payments, some just stop paying.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 10 April 2012 :  17:45:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess it dosen't really matter either way? Both Methods will have the same outcome!

Thanks for all your advice Viki and Jan. I thought I was nieve to just think " well If I just stop paying it dosen't matter if they chase me for CCJ's etc as I'll be bankrupt possible before or shortly after anyway"

Maybe that's true.. I guess because I am at very low risk with no house that's mine and no assets or savings I can only do what I can do!.

I may well be losing my job next week to put the icing on the cake but I sure hope not!

I also think that if I keep my existing lines of credit open and pay them on time when the BR comes off my credit file I might have a decent score - but I doubt it! (not wanting credit again ever so not really bothered)

Edited by - pcoventry on 10 April 2012 17:48:55
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2012 :  15:26:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do CCJs get removed when BR hits or do they just stay on too? Don't CCJ's have to be repaid when the period is over?
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2012 :  16:03:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it's a debt that can go into the bankrupty, then you don't have to pay it. It will drop off after 6years.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2012 :  16:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Viki,

Ive not been threatened with one yet and I probably wont. It will all be going on my BR

Edited by - pcoventry on 11 April 2012 18:55:21
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2012 :  18:57:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've e-mailed all my creditors rather than writing to them. They all provide e-mail addresses so I used them and kept the e-mails.

I've also contacted council tax debt from the past to inform them.

I am now trying to negotiate payment with my current council tax as I assume that just carries on as usual.

I still need to see if I keep my job or not next week but I will have to go bankrupt in any case.

I've also told my ex wife's solicitor that I am doing this and that it will be shortly. Making our situation over finances easier to sort out.

I may ring the court tomorrow to see if theres any cancellations for the coming week. It's worth a shot. I am just very keen to get this done. I dread the knocks at the door that may or may not come :/

One things for sure.. i'd top myself if someone took the £700 I have and put it towards a current debt :?

Edited by - pcoventry on 11 April 2012 19:02:48
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2012 :  14:42:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've let the council tax people know as they are the only ones that could put me in prision.. The rest I guess will have to wait.

Edited by - pcoventry on 12 April 2012 15:14:34
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page