Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 bailiffs
 A bit of an odd one Any Ideas???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

andyb53
Starting Member

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2014 :  18:31:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As many of you may know, I am in the final few days before my BR falls off my credit file on the 25th March. Wow have the 6 yrs gone fast! Since my BR discharge I have kept my finances in A1 condition. My Nat west step account has always been 100% and I have a Vanquis card with a £3K limit that I pay off every month so is zero balanced.
I check my credit file with noddle every month and for the last 2 years it has been 2 out of 5 (presumably because of my BR on the file still). All of a sudden this month it has gone DOWN to 1 out of 5 for no apparent reason. I do see that there is an apparent financial connection with my now ex-wife who moved out 3 years ago. When she went I bought out her share of the house (all through a Solicitor) so I own outright the house. I have not heard from her in 3 years. I do not know,(or care), if she is alive or dead, (she was unfaithful to me and left).
The trouble is that I had a joint mortgage with her and whilst I continue to pay off the Mortgage the Building Society will not take her name off the mortgage until either paid in full or I get her written permission.

As I have no idea of her whereabouts, this is impossible. So in theory I have a joint account still with her. The building Society will not budge, the bar stewards!

This has been the case for a number of years now so I cannot really see that this would have reduced my credit rating. Any Ideas anyone?? Failing that has anyone got £191,311.44p they can lend me?

Andyb

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2014 :  18:39:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andy,

Being linked with someone can bring down your score, you could try and dis-associate from her through the agencies using their form, but I see what you mean about the joint mortgage. Worth a go perhaps, if you haven't already.

Another factor, maybe that you pay your card off in full every month.

I am not suggesting anyone does this, but the rumour is, that if you don't pay the full amount each month, then it improves your score. I personally think this is a load of rubbish, I just heard it on the grapevine!

Sorry I can't help.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2014 :  14:59:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've also heard that VIki. I am going to put a few quid on my vanquis card at some point and let it roll for a few months. I can handle 3% of £3 etc.

Vanquis know most people do this so I am hoping they won't be like this. I have 3 green marks so far and it shows £0 balance but I too have noticed my Noodle score is not improving. My vanquis card is the only account showing on Callcredit (well so noodle says anyway) My BR is on there.

My score is lower on Equifax but as they don't have a link to the BR address on my file the BR is not on there. SO god knows how it works.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2014 :  08:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really must try and get one. I did the Barclaycard one where they'll tell you straight away and it doesn't leave a footprint - I got turned down.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2014 :  14:31:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What vanquis?

They took my mate on and he was unemployed and discharged BR recently before. Gave him the standard £250 limit.

I'm sure you'll be fine.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2014 :  16:20:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, Barclaycard turned me down - not done Vanquis yet.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2014 :  21:11:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah sorry I read it as you had done BC and now wanted to try vanquis.

I would say go for it. It's 3.34% per month interest so not the horror story people think. it's only if you paid a little a month you would pay 60% over the year.

Vanquis tell you month by month what the next payment will be even if you are paying it off in full. To me that's a handy tool
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2014 :  21:33:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll do it at some point - don't need a card at the moment but who knows in the future?

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2014 :  23:25:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well 30 minutes after paying my second payment (both around £130 each) I have had my limit raised to £750..

Indeed, who knows!
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2014 :  08:09:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news.

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2014 :  12:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karma had to balance it out though. My co-op account has been compromised and someone had drained my account with a spending spree. Got the co-op and police involved.

I hope they catch them.. needless to say my accounts been frozen and will be shut down shortly.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2014 :  13:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is not good! Any idea who has done it? I had this happen some years ago. Good thing is that you should get the money back.

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2014 :  13:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, no idea at all I've just spoken to them they have what they call a "positive line of enquiry" which means the person slipped up somehow.

I've opened a second account with Barclays and put what was left into there. They were only too happy to give me a second account
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2014 :  14:41:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's good. Have they said how long it will take to get the money back?

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2014 :  15:31:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No not yet..

They told me not to take any money out as it was protected anyway. I told them A I had lost all trust in them and B I had opened an account with barclays anyway so they let me.

I am hoping it won't be long.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2014 :  15:53:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It shouldn't be long. Mine was a credit card and the money was refunded straightaway whilst they investigated.

Any idea what the money was spent on?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page