Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for june
 capQuest Hounding me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gordo

United Kingdom
185 Posts

Posted - 31 December 2008 :  12:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year to you all.

Haven't been around much lately my apologises.

First of all I went down the BR route in July and was discharged at the begining of November.

Now I have a dam debt Recovery company hounding me, I have supplied them with the details BR Case Number and OR details via a rather nasty phone call. Now I am getting letters from them. Now saying they have put my account on hold while I can sort out some payments with them making it look like I have asked for this and want to make payments.

The debt was included in my BR clearly, and I have clearly given them the details, not sure exactly what to do or say to them apart from what is unrepeatable on a public Forum

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 31 December 2008 :  13:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gordo

They should not be doing this, i would therefore still contact your OR and inform them even though ou have been discharged.

You could also tell them about the harrasment of creditors act and that if they continue then you will have to inform the poilce and take it further. I have more details about the harrasment act on my blog.

Here is a bit more info:

Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act
“S40 Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors.

A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract he-
harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency, or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;
falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;
falsely represents himself to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment; or
utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character, or purporting to have some official character which he know it has not.
A person may be guilty of an offence by virtue of sub-section (1) (a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such actions as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.”

Best of luck and happy new year

Jo
x

Wishing you all a Happy Debt & Worry Free 2009

21 Weeks down

31 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend's Info on Bankruptcy :-)
http://debtfreejo.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!

Edited by - Needafriend on 31 December 2008 13:17:54
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2009 :  15:33:17  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo,

You took the words right out of my mouth. They are clearly committing a criminal offence here.

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2009 :  16:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Julian

These creditors will try anything even after you have been declared bankupt and then discharged.

Im ready for a fight if they try it on with me.

Bring it on!!!

Jo
x

22 Weeks down

30 to go

For more info on how i have come through bankruptcy and for links to help, you can read my blog here called:
Needafriend says: Live life to the full, take life by the horns and live a little, otherwise life would be so boring!
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2009 :  16:47:25  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo,

The issue is that a lot of these guys work on a commission basis and will ignore inconvenient events like BR.

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2009 :  17:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah right, but at least we know we have a bit of ammo to throw at them if they do try it on.

Jo
x

22 Weeks down

30 to go

Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2009 :  11:43:51  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Indeed!

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page