Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for january
 Forum Etiquette
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

239 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2009 :  10:04:16  Show Profile
* The ethos of this forum is respect for all at all times

* No advertising links are allowed.

* Your security is our prime consideration.

* This ethos is maintained by our moderators who
guard the reputation of the forum with careful vigilance.

If you are unsure about any of these points, the moderators will be only too ready to help.

Generally it means that they will delete any post which is deemed to be unkind, judgemental, obviously irrelevant to the topic or which contains really offensive words or jokes.

(Don't worry too much about minor swear words.. the site will censor them for you !)

Please do not to alter a posting after it has been replied to. This results in such confusion that the whole thread may have to be locked or individual posts deleted.

Please don't give telephone numbers or email addresses on the open forum which could seriously jeopardy your security.

Please refrain from using the forum to carry on private chats with another member to the exclusion of others who have posted on the same topic, or use capital letters only, which denotes shouting

But above all, always remember that the moderators are here to help and protect you. If you have any queries at all please post a request asking for a moderator to contact you.

admin

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2009 :  17:00:26  Show Profile
Hi admin

following the posting of this thread, abiding by the details therein and in the interests of creating an even playing field for all, may I respectfully point out that there are currently 3 experts whose posts contain either a contact number, other than the free helpline number, or web links to their own site.

timendi causa est nescire
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

239 Posts

Posted - 09 February 2009 :  17:52:21  Show Profile
Many thanks for pointing this out..
The contact numbers will from now on will not appear on the experts signature.
Members wanting to contact the experts are requested to check out the expert page by clicking on the experts avatar.

admin
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2009 :  09:00:43  Show Profile
Hi skippy

may I bring to your attention as mediator for this part of the forum that one expert and one new member are currently posting with advertising links at the foot of each post contrary to the etiquette rules of the forum as set out above.

However, if it is the case that this particular condition within the etiquette rules has been reviewed and amended please advise via the forum.

Many thanks.

timendi causa est nescire
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2009 :  12:21:25  Show Profile
I've emailed Admin for clarification.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

20 IPA payments made, 16 to go - on the home straight!
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

239 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2009 :  14:32:53  Show Profile
Experts are invited to post their links .. ordinary members are not.
Please contact admin offline John if you have a query.

admin
Go to Top of Page

hadenuff
Starting Member

43 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2009 :  16:15:51  Show Profile
But your original post, admin, clearly states "No advertising links are allowed".

Bearing in mind that some "ordinary members" as you put it are being classified as experts too.

I think John is totally in order asking the question for us all to see. After all we are all members be it ordinary or expert and it's always good to see where we all stand.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2009 :  16:50:32  Show Profile
I doubt those 'ordinary' experts have any links to post.

If they do, and it is normal advertising i.e. not for a debt site, then I am sure they will be removed.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2009 :  16:56:39  Show Profile
As I presume the comment was directed at me as I am one of the ordinary experts I can say that Jan is right, I don't have any links to post or anything to advertise. I post on the forum in my own time hoping that my experiences of BR can help other people.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

Go to Top of Page

hadenuff
Starting Member

43 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2009 :  17:05:22  Show Profile
What is it with this "IVA band of merry men" all sticking together sniping at people all the time??

This is why this site fell apart a couple of months ago and we lost some bloody great members - me being one of them!

Thought I'd give it one more try but it will never be what it was.

Back to Money Saving Expert for me - no judging or recommending people or sites to contact.

I just hope John sticks around to carry on the great advice he gives. Otherwise the way you attack people with a view, it's gonna be deja-vu for you guys.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2009 :  17:11:39  Show Profile
If you look on the expert link, it clearly states on there that links to their own debt websites are allowed.

It is not a case of IVA people sticking together, I was merely pointing out that ordinary experts won't have any links.

No one is judging anyone or recommending anyone.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2009 :  18:39:54  Show Profile

I agree with hadenuff and John here

I too do not post anymore, however come to the site to see what advice non br people are giving - its terrible advice and even one of the professional experts has got advice wrong.

Jo got treated disgraceful by this site after everything she did....and now (no matter what anyone says) IVA people are sticking together and advertising.

My opinion only, however the members are missing out on real advice for people who dont know what they are talking about.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Jenny
xx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2009 :  20:09:28  Show Profile
I'm not siding with anyone, or ganging up with anyone, and I'm not sure who the 'IVA people' are that are advertising.

I really don't think that dragging up the past is doing anyone any favours and makes the forum look petty and childish. Pretty ironic really as it's being posted on the forum etiquette thread!

Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2009 :  20:33:27  Show Profile

There has been a post to say what is and is not allowed, and people have the right to their opinion and to point out when people are ignoring the rules set....you cannot have 1 rule for 1 and 1 for another.

Its also childish to block peoples access to the site, however no doubt you dont want that to be announced. Better to be said here than on the forum boards.

Jenny
xx
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2009 :  20:37:08  Show Profile
You will find that it is Admin who block posters. Moderators cannot do that.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

movin on
Average Member

United Kingdom
946 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2009 :  20:41:36  Show Profile

I also think you will find that i did not say she blocked anyone.

Jenny
xx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page