Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 not sure what this means?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rombonie
Starting Member

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2009 :  11:48:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

Just had a 'copy for your information' letter. It states the OR and trustee intends to apply to the secretary of state for business enterprise and regulatory reform for their release as trustee.

Can anyone explain what this means to me?

thanks in advance

cheers Dor

Edited by - rombonie on 11 April 2009 12:15:52

Jaks

177 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2009 :  13:00:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I receieved one of these back on 5th of March, I must admit it did make me a little bit excited, I thought that I had been discharged ( I haven't yet, I do look on the Insolvency register once a day to check lol). I went bankrupt on 4th September 2008, I am 7 months into my bankruptcy at the moment. Prior to the letter from my OR saying that they were going to apply to the sectretary of state for release as trustee I had to fill in a IPOQ (sadly not one that had EDREV on the top - mine had ADHOC on the top), with my letter I recieved a statement from the OR of costs incurred during bankruptcy and any assets I had ( I had life insurance - brought back my interest from my OR for £50).

I think the letter means that they are pretty much finished with the admin of your case. I am not sure what it means in reguard to ED - I live in hope though. Its been nearly 6 weeks since I recieved my letter. I do not pay into an IPA as I am on benefits.
Go to Top of Page

Jaks

177 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2009 :  13:03:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot to ask, when did you go bankrupt?
I would like some more info in reguard to this letter as well.
Go to Top of Page

rombonie
Starting Member

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2009 :  13:39:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Jaks,

I went BR on the 31st oct 08, had a income and expense's form to complete a week ago. I don't pay an IPA. The letter came with a statement as yours did.

fingers crossed
cheers Dor

Edited by - rombonie on 11 April 2009 14:14:50
Go to Top of Page

rombonie
Starting Member

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2009 :  13:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've also had the confirmation letter form the land registry to the house is ours too
Go to Top of Page

T76

197 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2009 :  10:52:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received this letter in October and called the OR to find out what it meant - they advised us that they had finished our investigation and that they were looking to process us for an early discharge - about a week later my creditor received a letter given them 28 day to object (my mum was one of my creditor's so she kept me updted on this) - eventually we received a new income and expenditure form and shortly after in January, we were given an early dicharge.

So fingers crossed :)
Go to Top of Page

Jaks

177 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2009 :  11:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on your early discharge. It does seem like it takes at least 8 weeks or over to hear about ED if you are lucky enough to get it. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get something interesting in the post from my OR in the coming weeks, it's been nearly 6 weeks since I recieved the letter about my OR applying to the secretary of state for release as trustee (with a statement detailing the costs in bankruptcy and any assets and money recieved from me)
Go to Top of Page

rombonie
Starting Member

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2009 :  13:37:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well thanks people, as said fingers crossed then for all.
cheers and happy easter

Dor
Go to Top of Page

Angie

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2009 :  17:02:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please can anyone advise what the difference between these 2 letters are as it seems some people receive letter 1 and some people receive letter 2?

1. (Did NOT receive this) The OR and trustee intends to apply to the secretary of state for business enterprise and regulatory reform for their release as trustee.

2. DID receive this. Letter with an income and expediture form to fill in regarding possible early discharge?
Many thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page