Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 Extra work and informing OR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

daisy duck

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2009 :  22:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I was discharged from my bankruptcy in July but stil have 2 years left of an IPA.
Lately I have been having a lot of extra work and have been earning around £20 to £90 a week extra.
I have not informed the OR as the amounts change each week and the work is not guaranteed.
Do I have to inform the OR about this extra work or will the OR find out anyway.
Also if I do not inform the OR and I should have what action can they take against me.

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2009 :  12:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are obliged to tell the OR of any changes in income within 21 days of becoming aware of them.

You could take a chance and not tell the OR but they really aren't a person you want to mess with so my advice would be to send them a letter explaining the issue. They may ask for pay statements over 3 months and then work out the average and increase the IPA by this amount.

As the work isn't guaranteed and the weekly amounts can be as small as £20 they may not even bother but at least you would have informed them about the change in income.

According to the Technical Manual even if you are discharged you could still have the IPA reviewed and the OR would want payslips from you:

31.7.51 Action following default post discharge

A bankrupt who has received his/her discharge from bankruptcy, still has a duty to attend upon the official receiver/trustee and/or provide information concerning his/her affairs when reasonably required to do so by the official receiver/trustee. Where a bankrupt defaults from making payments after receiving their discharge from bankruptcy, the court has continuing power to review agreements/orders made. An IPA is legally enforceable in the same way as an IPO and the court can review it in the same way, both before and after discharge

Edited by - gettingoutofdebt on 28 August 2009 12:17:29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page