Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi, I am applying for bankruptcy on the 22/01/10.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

worriedwife
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2010 :  21:42:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi just to let you know , i spent the whole night last night getting bank statements from 2007 , our personal ones/ mortgage info for remortgage and then my hubbys old accountants they emailed me the nominal activity accounts for 2007 and yes ! its all there introduced capital 4 entries of £5k to the value of £20k balancing back to the exact date of remortgage which was on our personal bank statements so do you think i have a very good enough evidence for exoneration, also there was a remotgage in feb o7 which he used for an unexpected tax bill £18k

jayne
Go to Top of Page

worriedwife
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2010 :  21:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant seem to find a reciept of payment from the Inland Revenue can i ask for a statement from them as proof

jayne
Go to Top of Page

chester2005
Average Member

United Kingdom
786 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2010 :  21:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HMRC should be able to provide proof of payments made to them

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurman)
RevivaUK helped me through it all i can't recommend them enough!!
Go to Top of Page

worriedwife
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2010 :  22:00:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks hun still waiting for OR to call back they said up to 2 weeks has given me a bit of time to get all the info together its a week on thurs since hubby filed his BR , only after posting on here did i find out about exoneration ! never even heard of it before , thanks to you all this is a great site for all us stressed worried people

jayne
Go to Top of Page

chester2005
Average Member

United Kingdom
786 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2010 :  23:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
worrying really doesn't help, and as you say gets you stressed, so if this forum's posters help ease the stress thats GREAT
in 12 months you should be able to look back at all this and smile thinking "there was no need to worry after all , we sorted it out"

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurman)
RevivaUK helped me through it all i can't recommend them enough!!
Go to Top of Page

worriedwife
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 21 January 2010 :  22:44:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave , would have thought you have read wat i have wrote , the OR sent a letter today saying they will call my husband at 8;30 am next thursday ! My husband would prefer a meeting with them face to face is it ok to request this ? Also if you have read my post about exoneration then i think i need to be present as im fighting for my equity! dont know how i stand on this do you think i should speak to a solicitor ? I have very good supporting evidence on my grounds for appealing against his part of the equity , everything is above -board and we have nothing to hide ! Just dont want this to drag on forever but i"ll be damed if im parting with what is rightfully mine any thoughts on this would be much appreciated thnxs

jayne

jayne
Go to Top of Page

chester2005
Average Member

United Kingdom
786 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2010 :  01:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i understand the desire to speak face to face but i would have thought over the phone was easier and it means that the OR doesn't think your husband's case warrants a face to face interview.
as for a solicitor in my experience there are few who really know their stuff about BR and related things, i would have thought you would be better speaking with a bankruptcy expert like Paul Johns at RevivaUK or jones giles
with a lot of these things it is how things are put across to the OR in the first place and if it reasonable then they have no reason to look into things further.
i would definately seek professional advice in your case as it will probably save you grief in the long term
personally i know Paul Johns has dealt with similar cases for people after they have gone BR but generally it is easier to do these things when fully prepared beforehand.

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurhman)
RevivaUK and Paul Johns helped me through it all i can't recommend them enough!!
Go to Top of Page

chester2005
Average Member

United Kingdom
786 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2010 :  01:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
missed a bit...
even if your husband did have a face to face you would likely not be allowed to contribute to the questions asked by the OR as it is your husband's BR not yours.
and good luck for later today

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurhman)
RevivaUK and Paul Johns helped me through it all i can't recommend them enough!!
Go to Top of Page

worriedwife
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2010 :  21:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave, never really thought of the OR just telephoning because they dont warrant a face to face , he has told the whole truth on everything and hopefully this has shown so far in his paperwork ! again me worring about worrying!im sorry , i suppose i have to just have things in order, but the only order i will get is what the OR decides lol . thanks for your help.

jayne
Go to Top of Page

worriedwife
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2010 :  21:50:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also a solicitor will cost me money ! which i cant afford lol

jayne
Go to Top of Page

worriedwife
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2010 :  22:37:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The OR calling tomorrow 8:30am hubby bit anxious !

jayne
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2010 :  06:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck with the OR's Interview and let us know how you got on.
Go to Top of Page

worriedwife
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2010 :  23:39:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi , well my hubby had the call, think he was terrified it appeared to be just a clerk who basically went throught his forms asked questions on how he became in the position of filing for BR then went through the creditors list ect , was all procedure stuff obviously , at one point they asked where the monies from his equity was of which i released from our property he said in my wifes account , the reason being my wife is requesting exoneration due to me remortgage in 2007 which was introduced into my company ! they wanted my bank details but i refused as im not bankrupt or anything to do with it ! I was put on the phone and spoke to him advising him that my personal detail of my bank i did not wish to disclose and that any request for the money to be released i would do immeadiately as they wished but felt until my husbands BR was assesed properly and the reasons for exoneration were investigated within his case , the clerk went to speak to the OR and he said that was ok and if needs they will send me the appropriate details to transfer the money ! im worried now that i may have put a spanner in the works or weather i was right to withold this money but i genuinly have a very strong case for exoneration ! or do you think i should just realease the money ! They advised my husband that he would probable have to have a meeting because it is not a straight forward BR because it stems from an Insolvent ltd company , he said and also your wife will be able to attend as to air my views on the equity situation ! He thanked my husband for for a nice tidy in order box of documents and said most people just dump 2 carryer bags of papers on them !!!! said they will be in touch in 4-6 wks

jayne
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2010 :  06:42:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Amy,

You were right not to disclose your bank details as it is your husband that is BR and not you so the OR has no power over you. From what you have said you have a case to withhold the money so it is just a case of waiting to see what steps the OR will take next regarding the money.
Go to Top of Page

worriedwife
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2010 :  22:16:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi was just not quite understanding what happens if my hubby gets an IPA which is more than likely , if he earns any overtime whilst IPA is running for 3yrs does he need to declare this and even if he gets discharged does he still need to declare any extra monies he earns . thanks

jayne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page