Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 2007 postings.
 Bank accounts for those previously bankrupt?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kazy Posted - 14 April 2008 : 23:57:36
I went bankrupt voluntarily on 8th June 2005 and was discharged from bankruptcy on 8th June 2006
I have a Co-operative Cashminder Account but the Cooperative bank have messed up my account so many times now that I cannot take anymore of their incompetence.I went bankrupt after my ex partner ran up all manner of debts using my bank cards, credit cards and catalogues which I was seriously ill and not expected to live, with Cancer. When I did survive and came out of hospital my ex-partner had all of my mail re-directed to his address 150 miles away and then soon after he disappeared.
By the time I was fit to work again and found work and started to want to use my banking facilities again, I found out that I was thousands of pounds in debt to them, and naturally I questioned this, but they had put me into the hands of debt collection agencies and the debts had been sold on and sold on. I was told to go for advice to the CAB and I did this but they made things worse.
Finally I found Direct Debtline who seemed to be more clued up but the debt collection people refused to deal with me via them, and so the debts mounted up as I was unable to pay them.
Finally a friend of mine took me to an accountant who advised bankruptcy and reluctantly I took that path.
But now I am just trying to get ban on my feet and have a mortgage, but the Cooperative Bank keep messing up and my mortgage payments have been paid late or not at all, and I desperately need a more reliable account.
Sadly my ex-partner messed up my accounts with Nat West, Barclays, HSBC and TSB and they were owed a lot of money when I went bankrupt.
Are there any banks I could go to for an account now?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
melanie_giles Posted - 15 April 2008 : 00:15:06
Hi Kazy and welcome to the forum

That is the first time I have seen anyone complaining about the Co-op as they usually get lots of praise as being one of the only banks who will give insolvent individuals accounts. I can only suggest that you shop around to get a better deal - perhaps the Nationwide might be a good start.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page