Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 housing
 DIVORCE and BENIFITIAL INTEREST. can someone help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

poopedmass

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2011 :  10:36:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. ive used this forum all though my bankruptcy and youve all been great with sound advice. i find myself back here a few years on.
my problem!!!!

my mother and father-in-law bought our benifitial interest in our property. the bankruptcy was brought to an end and have been out for a few years now. problem is my wife now decides to seperate and im unsure of wot happens to the benificial interest. will i see anything of it or can the outlaws keep it away from me? ive told her to keep the house, but she is insistant on my pension. so if we sell the house! will i see any of the profits?

please help.

phil

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2011 :  11:36:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need to be absolutely sure if they bought it back for their name or if they simply advanced the money to put. It back in your name, either is possible
Go to Top of Page

poopedmass

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2011 :  11:45:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im unsure now whose name it went into! if i called the official receiver. do you think i could find out or will it open a can of worms? either way does it look bad on me not getting a penny back?
Go to Top of Page

Blackie
forum expert

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2011 :  13:47:19  Show Profile  Visit Blackie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi poopedmass

Fantastic user name by the way, very succinct!

Yes it is extremely important to find out the deal which your In Laws struck with the OR. On one hand, they could (and I have to say is the most likely option) be the registered owners of your property. Alternatively the house could still be in your name but with your In Laws having an interest. I suggest that you should look on the Land Registry site and, for a fee, you can find the legal owners of your property.

Hope this helps.

John Blackadder
Bankruptcy365

For help and advice on the easiest and most effective way to a debt free future, please go to www.bankruptcy365.co.uk.
Go to Top of Page

poopedmass

United Kingdom
229 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2011 :  15:36:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thankyour for that info! i beleive the property was left in our names but they just bought the benificial interest for £1! Either way ive been informed that not owning the benificial interest still means i will lose out at her parents will not part with any and give it all to her!
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2011 :  18:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to hear that things have not turned out well for you poopedmess.

I would recommend taking legal advice - I think some solicitors may still give half hour free of charge, especially as your wife is trying to get your pension. My OH is divorced and he protected his pension (he also signed over the house) and made sure she had no claim on anything in future.

Good luck x

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2011 :  12:53:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Presumably if BI was purchased for a pound there can't be much equity hence your wife looking to share your pension?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page