Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Affidavit. Do I need to get this sworn before I go to court ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  23:10:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Traceyjr

I'm glad it went well at court.

I'm not surprised to hear about Barclays as I've heard about this before. I've no idea why they do this but you are in good hands with the Co-op.

When I went BR the letter I received from the court told me to contact the OR immediately, but I was told by the court to wait until the OR contacted me. I got the initial phone call the next day and they then confirmed the date for my telephone interview.

If you have a look at my blog there is an entry listing what paperwork the OR requested. If you haven't got everything or can't get it don't worry, the OR can request information from your creditors.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.

Thanks for all your replies. I'll take a look Tracey and thanks to you too viki and jan
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  07:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi PC coventry, just to clear a few points,

Barclays, - It has been their policy for quite some time that they remove online banking, the reason that they give is that the online banking they have for that account allows the user to arrange a small online overdraft with no checks which is why they remove the online part, co-op do allow online banking, do be aware though that co-op have a 3 strikes and your out rule, so watch you balance carefully, also often the way their online banking works in the rning it deducts all outgoings first before adding receipts so, it can look like you have gone overdrawn during the day and then gone back into credit, dont worry, that does not count as one of your 3 strikes.

Paperwork, Keep all the paperwork you have as the OR may ask for it, there can be many reasons for this, but a simple one is that it is quite easy from the debt collection letters to see how the balance has gone up even when you have not been spending due to charges and interest etc and they can see how long you have not used your accounts for which all goies into their investigation of your conduct and explaining how the debts have arrisen (people often forget that the OR's job is not just about assets and debts but also about investigating the bankruptcy). You only neefd to provide what you have so there is no need to go chasing down statement if you dont have them.

Do you need to go see the OR - No you dont, that sentence is on the bottom as it is also used for people who are made bankrupt in their absence and the Order is sent to them. If you have been to court yourself it is fine to follow the courts instruction and wait for the OR to contact you
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  11:10:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning,

Thanks for the reply debtinfo.

I just don't get Barclays. I told them my plans when I took the basic cashcard account with them. I've just been able to login to the online banking and no where does it even give me the option to apply for an overdraft. I can see pre approved offers which of course there are none but that's about it.

I had a savings account with them so that I could put money in to stop people taking what I owed them from my main account. This ios because it was money for the rent. of course now I dont have that worry.

One of my biggest debts owing which was personal to me and not from my marriage was from HSBC. I had a first direct account which I had run for several years with a massive OD and all the facilites (prior to it all starting I had a perfect rating) and I rang them just to ask what their procedure was for people who were considering an IVA. I was told they would sever everything. I told them that I was simply enquiring..

My account was closed within the hour with a £700 overdraft ( from my available £4000) and so they chased me for that via DC. I know I would have lost it anyway but it was their fault they became a creditor. This was over Xmas 2010.

The co-op haven't made that great an impression on me so far. The counter staff weren't the best and the guy who did my account app didnt seem bothered that I was there or not. But thats just the people in one of many local branches. I rarely need to go into a branch so ill tolerate that. (also I don't really have a choice for 12 months)

Barclays have a system where you get the current cleared balance and then last nights balance and then a day or so later it shows o your statement. That's fine if co-op do the same. BUT I need online banking because, and this sounds sad, I have always panicked if I couldn't see my money when I wanted to.

Unlike some people who may take this as the easy option, I am not bankrupt through choice. I've been trying to set up a blog since I joined but theres a problem it the captcha image as it just won't accept anything i've put in. I gave up after an hour and I don't know where to report it so if you could pass that on I would appreciate it.

I drew all my money out before yesterday not to fool the OR but in case it's frozen. I still have rent and benefits going in so I am hopeful they will let me keep it even if they have an interest as you can't get these benefits on a giro slip!.

That all said if the OR rang me up and demanded all the cash I had I would of course hand it over.

I get your point about investigating the BR. that's fine. For me it was a case of large marriage debts that were in control until my ex wife made waves and pulled the plug (shes now solely responsible for those debts and good luck to her!) But then losing my health and also most of my income didnt' help. In short I've nothing to hide from the OR. I have a car which was a gift and was bought for £1600 and I expect the OR to have that. which if they do so be it!

AS for an IPA, I have no idea. I pay out more than I bring in and I only bring in housing benefit and sick pay. Soon my sick pay may well turn into income based JSA as my partner's claim has been turned into this in order to top it up with my bit. I have read that you need to have £99 a month or more excess income is that right?

I wish I had that much.. I have about £3 when all the necessity's are paid for.(that does include food for the month too)

Edited by - pcoventry on 03 May 2012 11:14:52
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  11:16:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You won't get an IPA whilst your circumstances are as you've described.

The £99 minimum was a couple of years ago. If you have a surplus of £20 or more then the IPA will be set up.

Co-op call centre staff are much better than branch staff I find. I use all the post offices though as it's awkward for me to get to my branch.

The Or won't take your money from you unless it's excessive, ie savings. If it's just for your normal monthly bills, you'll be fine.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  11:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply Viki.

Well the actual and truthful figures I have put on the SOA are.

Incomings..676.81
Outgoings.. 739

that's all the basic monthly outgoing. No fancy mobiles or internet or phones on that. (I listed everything I owe money on at the time I filled out the form as I can't afford any of it anymore) That includes my partners contribution which has dropped abit since our claim is now joint.

My parents have been helping out with the rent prior to the BR as benefits have only recently been set up. I had 1 months rent and the £700 in my savings account so I am sure they will let me off with that as it was shown as £700 and then £450

I am hoping my parents will still be allowed to help us to make up the rest of what we need.

Edited by - pcoventry on 03 May 2012 11:33:22
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  13:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a few DC letters today so I did the decent thing and rang them and told them. Giving them what they wanted. Im on the register so they can verify it in a flash.
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  22:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to be with the Co-op and I only went into the branch once and that was to open the account. The call centre staff are excellent so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Regarding the Co-op online banking, you also need to bear in mind that it isn't 'real time' and payments can take a couple of days to show on your account. I kept a spreadsheet (still do) and logged everything on there so I always knew exactly what I had in the account.

My Mum helped me out when I was BR. She didn't give me money but helped out by buying food and other things we needed.

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  23:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Tracey

Barclays isn't either to be fair. It does take a few days but it does take it from the balance when you have logged back in again.

Anyway it's time I handled my money now that I am finally debt free. It's been a very rocky 2 years and I am surprised I managed to go 2 years without actually getting any court action against me or a CCJ!

I've just looked at my credit file and I can see the BR has put it down to the lowest it can be. However for some reason my landlord score is still as it was before. Not that it matters my landlord only cares if I stop with the rent
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  05:14:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well unless the website is wrong I don't appear to have been put in the London Gazette which is odd.

not that it matters in the grand scheme of things.
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  09:36:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your name won't appear in the London Gazette immediately - I think mine took a week or so, although I can't find myself on there now to check.

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  17:59:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I twigged that when I looked at ones on the 3rd of May and they were the 26th April.

Thats good most people have forgotten in a week :)
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  20:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OR s ringing me on the 15th of May at 10am. I was hoping it would be sooner I feel like I am in limbo lol
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  20:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats about right, the target for interviews is within 10 working days of them receiving you bankruptcy order, do feel free to ring them before that though if there is something urgent you need to speak to the about
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  20:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks I will ring them on Monday. I need to know if my Barclays Cash Card Account is safe for the moment. I also opened a Co-Op one the same day I was BR. I understand this is allowed? I have seen others say they opened once before but these still get frozen as the paperwork states - that right?
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  20:46:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was made BR on 29th March and my OR interview was 10th April - unfortunately it's a case of just waiting.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page