Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi, I was made bankrupt in May/2012. What is involved in the lead up to discharge ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

panason1c

50 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2013 :  22:09:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just looked at my recently updated 'Noddle' report and I have finally moved from a long time static rating of 1/5 to 2/5....... Looks like me getting a credit card and paying off the balance in full might be helping to build up my credit score........Just need to see if Barclays will let me have a Current bank account rather than the Barclays 'basic account' that I currently have. (-:
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2013 :  01:46:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck with Barclays, let us know how you get on.

Well done for improving your credit score.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2013 :  22:40:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mines also on the up thanks to starting broadband with virgin media. I've also had the phone account my dad got me when I was BR into my name.

I tried Noodle but they didn't know who I was.. I will maybe try again. But as Viki says well done mate and keep going :)

It's unlikely Barclays will touch you for a current account for 3-5 years. Well that's what they told me anyway and it must be for all discharged BRs? But do let us know!

Just remember - Noddle is only callcredit.

Edited by - pcoventry2 on 10 September 2013 22:45:54
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2013 :  15:49:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting confused here - and sorry to tag onto the end of this thread but even though I am signed in I still get asked for name e-mail and captcha number to post a new thread and I don't want to do that.

I am being told by checkmyfile.com that my old creditors are under no obligation to either A. set my account statuses to anything other that defaulted and that B they don't also need to put the date back to the date of my BR

Is this right?

I have to wonder that, if I am now told I have to contact each of them with my BR cert then what the hell did the OR do during the £525/1yr period?
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2013 :  17:06:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They do need to put defaults back to the date of your bankruptcy so that they drop off after six years.

No idea why you have to do that. It sounds like a glitch in the system.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2013 :  20:03:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the confirmation. Checkmyfile.com are sure they are right and I am wrong. needless to say I will go to the 2 main agencys directly in future. noddle are spot on with their advice and the service is free.
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2013 :  09:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will need to write to each of your creditors requesting that the date of default is no later than the date of your BR. It's not down to the OR to ensure that your credit files are correct - they notify the creditors of your BR but what the creditors do with the information is down to them and sadly they don't always get it right.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The more I have to do with humans the more I think that the world would be a better place if it was run by animals.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2013 :  18:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply. I did this all back in May I am wondering why none of it has been updated. I have spent today writing to them all again (6 of them)
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2014 :  19:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello again, I hope you're all well and you had a nice xmas and new year!

I've today got the old " pre selected" letter by vanquis. It's been what 8 months since I was discharged and my credit rating is now 720. Is it worth me applying? i don't want to do anything to put my credit down. I've spent months sorting out all the creditors to get them to mark it all right. I have had these before even when I was not BR and they just take joy in inviting people to turn them down. They did turn me down in June so I assume I can apply again?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2014 :  08:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can try again but be aware that if you are rejected a second time then it will place another search on your record which will not look good.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2014 :  15:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice, this is what I was worried about.

I'm going to wait a few days to see what my updated score is and go from there.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2014 :  15:39:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fingers crossed!

Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2014 :  16:27:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't worry about your credit score, just make sure all your debts are marked as satisfied. When you do the Vanquis application, make sure you give them all info including your home phone number, as they rejected me at first because I wouldn't give it.

Good luck, I reckon you'll have no problems if your credit file is clear.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2014 :  18:11:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies ladies. I'm looking at it right now it's far from clear to be honest. I have to ask what do we pay the OR for exactly? NONE of my creditors were contacted by anyone but me. I (apparently) still have a mortgage in dispute and they say I have to wait for anupdate, I told them no it's part of the BR but they want their solicitors to look over it <sigh> and now whilst I do have companys who are marking correctly most have put my discharge date and not my BR date!

I feel sick from the stress of trying to sort it out!
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2014 :  18:27:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need to get them to alter the date to the date of BR. Give them 28 days to sort it before you take it further.

You need to sort out the mortgage - do you have any details about this being included in the BR?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page