Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi, I was made bankrupt in May/2012. What is involved in the lead up to discharge ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2014 :  15:56:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do hope so Jan,

But I am confused.. On my file they have updated it to 2013 rather than 2012. but if I can't get them to change it should I just wait another year? My credit score is not going up even with stuff on green and the odd thing is that Equifax have no record of my BR the court bit is green..

Also, I have 1 defaulted in 2011, is it worth just leaving it be? it's one of two red ones but it will drop off before the rest do (a year earlier) anyway..

I had a good result after I explained to Equifax that welcome finance are no longer trading and my attempts to contact them failed and I asked what to do.. 6 days later both the entrys they had for me were totally removed from my files. I don't want to spend any more time after Feb chasing these companys. I get my stat report online every 2 -3 months but I am now being told by the one remaining creditor ( my old mortgage company) that I have to wait for the result of their appeal, I am lost here. I was not aware there was one after a bankruptcy. Anyway they are telling me they won't update it and I have to wait. i wonder if the court would be happy about them defying the order?

Edited by - pcoventry2 on 04 February 2014 15:58:34
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2014 :  17:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your last default was 2011 then it should be removed this year. I would certainly insist on all defaults being removed back until the start of the BR.

Not quite sure what the mortgage company is talking about - there should not be an appeal as the debt would have been included in your BR.

Keep on at them.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2014 :  17:53:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought defaults were on for 6 years?

I will ring them again tomorrow. I threatened them with the OR last time I called. They said my account was reviewed in October and was due to be again shortly. They won't accept they position they are now in. They seem to have forgotten they can chase my ex wife who is now loaded. They choose not to but that's not my ault!
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2014 :  17:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once you have finished, then any defaults should be set back to the date of BR or, as in my case, the IVA.

As regards the mortgage company, I'd have a chat with either your local CAB or have a free initial consultation with a solicitor and explain your position.

They cannot chase you for a debt included in your BR.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2014 :  18:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed so they will be off in 2018.. I am lucky as I work in the same building as my local CAB on the floor above and we are always doing favours for them. so I can go and see them any time and skip the queue.

Thanks for the advice I will do that tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2014 :  18:35:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let us know how you get on.

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2014 :  15:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for letting me keep you updated.

they are still refusing to budge. I've now told them I will go back to the OR and I've also put 2 complaints in one to the FA and one to the ICO

On a brighter note my vanquis card has arrived. Modest £250 limit which is a start. I don't intend to pay interest so I am not concerned about the annual figure.it's just nice to have some faith in me again.

Edited by - pcoventry2 on 07 February 2014 15:36:36
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2014 :  16:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent news on the card.

Let's hope your complaints reap some rewards.

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2014 :  16:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to complain but they've left me no choice. I would have thought the fact the court commanded them to do it would have been enough.

Also I wonder what they are appealing for.

And so this vanquis card might be 39.9% but it's broken down over 112 months they say. remains to be seen!

Edited by - pcoventry2 on 07 February 2014 16:38:04
Go to Top of Page

panason1c

50 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2014 :  10:40:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, me again! Been discharged for over a year now and wondered why my Noddle credit record shows all my creditors as 'Satisfied' but I was still, up to recently, being refused an upgrade to my bank account from basic to a full current account, my bank suggested that there might be something left outstanding on my credit file (apart from the obvious BR), So I recently paid the £2 fee for an Experian file and saw that 2 entries by 'Max recovery' were NOT marked as 'satisfied' and appear as a current debt, while on my Noddle file the exact same entries are marked as 'Satisfied'..... I've now written to Evershot requesting an amendment and await a reply from them.
Regards
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2014 :  12:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's probably it. Experian should be able to put a note of correction on there for you until it's amended.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2014 :  12:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Experian reckon I have no defaults at all but I still can't get a credit card.

Go to Top of Page

panason1c

50 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2014 :  11:19:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re: my recent, previous post.... Received a reply from Eversheds informing me that they have amended the errors, (Re: max recovery), and that my file/report will take up to 8 weeks to reflect the change. (-;

Question...should the 'default' dates and the 'satisfied' dates be the same?, the two dates on some of my creditors differ. Is it important to get this rectified?
Cheers

Edited by - panason1c on 25 May 2014 11:28:06
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2014 :  11:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just have one default on mine now showing and that is Direct Line showing 'Arrangement to Pay' so will be contacting them shortly to tell them to remove it.

Go to Top of Page

panason1c

50 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2014 :  11:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My BR was on the 8/5/12 and discharge was 8/5/13

One of the examples of an entry in my Experian report is showing as 'Default date 8/5/12' 'Satisfied date 8/5/13'

Is this correct, or should the satisfaction date be the same as my BR start date?
Regards

Edited by - panason1c on 25 May 2014 12:11:15
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page