Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for august
 More BR Questions...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dazed and confused

United Kingdom
475 Posts

Posted - 03 August 2008 :  23:08:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Dear Forum

Hope you are all well!

I have a few more BR questions I was hoping somone may be able to help me with:

1. Forms - is it easier / quicker to complete the forms online or paper format? If you do them online, what do you do with them once completed? Email them to your Local Court?

2. I think I will try and set a date to go to Court early Sept. 2009 - I have not paid my Creditors for 2 months now. I need another month's pay to get the BR fees. Will I be able to put off paying them for another month? One of them is getting a bit nasty now - threatening to take me to Court and they have already transferred my debt to a Debt Collection Agency.

3. Once you are actually BR, how much contact do you then have with the OR?

4. Does the OR inform your Landlord and Employer that you are BR. I work for a Local Authority and live in rented accommodation.

5. I have just opened 2 Basic Bank Accounts wit Banks unconnected to my Creditors - will I be able to keep these new Bank Accounts?

I think that's it for now - I look forward to your replies!

Cheers!

Suzanne
Average Member

United Kingdom
869 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2008 :  08:47:31  Show Profile  Visit Suzanne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

If you fill the forms in on line I guess you can just amend them as you go along as oposed to having to rewrite them. I believe you still have to print them to take them to court.

You should be OK to wait another month as long as you can put up with the chasing.

Once you are BR you will have an initial chat with one of the adminstration staff. You then get a letter with your appointment date for either a face to face or telephone interview. Once that has been conducted, you probably won't have much further contact with the OR except for a few letters here and there for more info.

The OR will normally contact your landlord just to confirm that there are no arrears, but would not contact your employer as a matter of course.

You should be able to keep your new bank accounts as long as the bank are happy for you to do so. The OR has no say in this, it is down to the banks.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page