Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 OR interview on Thursday!!! Gulp!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  15:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahh I see. I'm a teacher so I can't book it as a holiday and we're supposed to make appointments in our own time. Especially now I'm part time, if the interview happens to be when I'm at school, I really ca't see how I could do it. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, but I may have to ask to rearrange the interview if it clashes with me teaching...

C. x
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  15:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It might be worth calling your OR and explaining the situation and say that you could have an interview between the hours of blah and blah, Im sure if you give them advance warning it wouldn't be a problem rather than once an appointment has been made say you can't do that time x

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  15:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah you're probably right. Ta hon!

Ooooh, I hear gurgling from upstairs...my peace is shattered! :-)

C. x
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  15:10:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're welcome!

Oooooooh better go and see to the little one! Give him a doughnut.. might stop the gurgling! ;o)

x

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  17:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again you!

You ot gone home yet? What time do they set you free? ;-)

I'm back from the park, little one's tea done and now he's playing with his tool bench! (The innocence eh?! I often wish all I had to worry about was if my toy hoover would go i the direction I wated it to go in!)

C. x
Go to Top of Page

Nat

367 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2008 :  20:53:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi maizie
Just wanted to say good luck for Thursday, haven't been on here for a few days and probably won't again till i'm br on Thursday!!

It is a huge relief to tell your boss if you can. My boss was great and was really concerned about my kids and home and was full of loads of really good advice.

Well, good luck i'm sure you'll be fine
Nat
x
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  09:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Nat for the kind words. BankruptC... didn't get away til 5.30pm!!!! :o( x

Had a bad night last night, got home... couldn't stop thinking about the interview going over everything I would say etc. etc. Had a shower... couldn't stop thinking, had my dinner.. couldn't stop thinking! By the time I got to bed with the other 'arf snoring in my right ear that was it! I was up!!! AND I have another night of this yet! What is wrong with me?! Whats done is done, I'm not going to get a telling off, I just have to be truthful. And the truth is I can't remember for the life of me when I took out the debts, how much for and what for! Do I tell the OR that at the beginning or when he asks?!

God today is gonna be a long day!!!

Maizie

Edited by - maizie on 17 September 2008 09:48:19
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  14:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi hon!

Sorry to hear you're stressing, but it's not long now and it'll all be over. This time tomorrow you'll feel so much better about everything, I'm sure!

It's up to you, but I think I'd tell the OR you can't remember pretty much from the beginning, but that you'll tell them everything you do remember. At least that way he/she'll be prepared for it each time and anything you CAN add will be a bonus if you know what I mean!

Take care hon and keep your chin up! :-)

C. x
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  14:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good thinking batman! Im hoping that they will be a bit sympathetic because I was suffering from depression and was having counselling at the time, maybe thats why I have blocked it out!

xx

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

BankruptC

1030 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  14:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope so too hon. Have you spoken to your OR yet? Is it a man or a woman? We've no idea about ours yet and have only spoken to someone in the OR's office (not even sure what her role is!)

C. x
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  15:17:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spoken to them already, its a man which wasn't what I hoped because of the sensitivity of my case but thats life I guess! x

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

366 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  15:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say good luck Maizie, the OR's (contrary to popular belief) are just humans after all! Just be honest with them, they will ask you questions and you just answer...if you cannot remember just say I cannot remember. If they ask you when you took out "this" loan or "this" credit card, say you dont honestly remember but it was roughly 3 or 4 years ago for example.

remember they can always ask the companies if you really don't have a clue - so don't worry!

I did have a women OR and then 3 months later i got an email from a man OR they didn't tell me why they had changed!
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  16:22:59  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Maizie,

Best of luck ... I'm sure you'll be fine!

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  16:35:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks 369 and Julian.

I will just be honest, the majority of the conversation will be me saying I honestly don't remember but hey ho... can't tell them if I don't know!

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

jacqui37

178 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2008 :  19:36:45  Show Profile  Visit jacqui37's Homepage  Send jacqui37 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
good luck im sure you will be fine, then you can get on with a debt free life, well done, Jacqui x
quote:
Originally posted by maizie

I have my OR interview at 10am on the Thursday... is there anything I need to do beforehand so I am prepared? I have all my bankruptcy documents etc... unfortunately I have no copies of credit card statements or loan agreements because I didn't have them but I have my 12 months bank statements.

Maizie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page